And in this corner…

Hello:

so after having 6 wheels in just over a year and a half, I’ve been spending 💰on riding, and my usual question after paying for the new wheel is “ what pads and pedals am I gonna get?“. 

I’ve been thinking that I need to upgrade my firmware (safety gear) and got the ones Duf recommended, the TQ-1 Carbon Fiber Pads Collection from noblemantech.com. Got 2 helmets but to be honest I don’t wear the full face one. I don’t ride that fast, especially on new hardware. 
Anyway the noblemantech cf pads are being sold by ar. So are the Grizzla pads I ordered from Grizzla (sorry AR next time I’ll check you first).

Anyway as a new member of this growing hobby I felt it important to share for other new “noobs” the importance of thinking that Safety upgrades are often overlooked.

😎🛞👽

Edited by John Jones
OCD re:layout
  • Like 1

And here i'm riding with simple T-shirt and jeans and baseball cap. Ohh almost forgot about the most important part of all my riding gear. Good old flat bottom sneakers. Okey, okey jokes aside, i also wear wrist guards. Never leave home without them.

I have been thinking about getting Grizzla pads for my 18xl. But that would take up to much place and i could not put my pedals upwards. Also i don't see much of a improvement the pads could give me. They will only lock my feet in place. (I like to move them around - if i ride straight long path, i go 1/3 my feet over pedals, so i don't need to lean as much. In city feet more backwards for more "grip".) But gotta say that nothing can beat honeycomb pedals. EVERY wheels should have honeycomb pedals by default!

What's the point of a helmet, if you don't wear full face one.. When you fall, it will be on your chin/nose most cases. And how fast is not "fast"? I for example ride 20-25km/h without gear - only wrist guards. When i go 35-45km/h, then i "gear up" full-face helmet, wrist/knee guards.

For some 40km/h is not "fast". And for another 20km/h is already to "fast". :D 

2 hours ago, Funky said:And how fast is not "fast"? I for example ride 20-25km/h without gear - only wrist guards. When i go 35-45km/h, then i "gear up" full-face helmet, wrist/knee guards.

For some 40km/h is not "fast". And for another 20km/h is already to "fast". :D 

20/25 mph, for now.