KingSong S18 new tires

Kaguya

I'm going to purchase 3 tires from China

2 TY and 1 TL

Surely the 18x3.0 will fit S18 and probably 2.75-14 and it will come with a new tube as well.

FdGZbAK.jpg

MbmdmE9.jpgwdYlBdU.jpg

I was looking for H666 or some other popular tires but I can't find them.

Do you guys have any other recommendations?

• Like 1

whole thread on this already

A better question for you…

-what are you using your wheel for? Street ? Trails ? Both? 

- what (if any) issue are you trying to rectify by changing the tire? 

reason I ask those 2 questions is b/c your gonna get bombarded with suggestions. Also to help narrow down the suggestion box it helps to provide some more info on why you want to change the tire and what is your wheel mostly used for. 

also in before mrelwood suggest the Heidenau K66 😂, which is a damn good tire 😉

Edited by Mayhem
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kaguya said:

I was looking for H666 or some other popular tires but I can't find them.

eWheels had stock of the H666, I think they were $55 plus shipping. You might need to email sales@ewheels.com if they're not on the web store.

1 hour ago, Mayhem said:

whole thread on this already

A better question for you…

-what are you using your wheel for? Street ? Trails ? Both? 

- what (if any) issue are you trying to rectify by changing the tire? 

reason I ask those 2 questions is b/c your gonna get bombarded with suggestions. Also to help narrow down the suggestion box it helps to provide some more info on why you want to change the tire and what is your wheel mostly used for. 

also in before mrelwood suggest the Heidenau K66 😂, which is a damn good tire 😉

I checked the post you shared, most of the tire there is either discontinued or they simple don't have the size of 18x3.0. One or two of my tire is listed there and that's why I'm sure I can use them

Mainly Street. The current tire will wobble on a high speed and I think to my self maybe I need a better tire to fix it.

I Tried different pressure but I can't eliminate the wobble.
And it's about time to replace it anyway.

I check the Heidenau K66 and it's a TL tire right? Will you suggest 80/80 or 80/90?

I know 80/80 will fit with no problems. but I just think it's smaller than the factory tire, can it protect the rim as we expected?

Edited by Kaguya

34 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

eWheels had stock of the H666, I think they were $55 plus shipping. You might need to email sales@ewheels.com if they're not on the web store.

I will double check. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chanman said:

I can recommend the Pirelli angel scooter 80-80/14 if you're primarily on the street. Not easy to put on though, very stiff.

Cool, for the TL tire, will you keep the tube or just install a new TL valve?

I'm planning to purchase variety sizes of TL valve and try them on. My understanding is TL TY tire can swap with no problems.

I put in a new tube since this was after the original tire wore out at 3500 ish miles and I wasn't convinced the old tube would continue to hold up.  The tubeless conversion I think is possible, but I thought this was the safer route.

• Upvote 2

Tubeless conversion is just problematic. As euc rim isn't really made for that. If you don't seal the tire bead - you may loose air over time and what not.

Simply use the original tube with the tubeless tire. Many riders who have M/C tires have the tubeless variant and still uses tube..

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, chanman said:

I put in a new tube since this was after the original tire wore out at 3500 ish miles and I wasn't convinced the old tube would continue to hold up.  The tubeless conversion I think is possible, but I thought this was the safer route.

I see. Thanks for sharing. That's really helpful

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

The last thing you want is to have your wheel throw the tire off. That would scuff up your gear and could easily blow up your MOSFETs.

Sure:lol:

On 8/29/2022 at 6:09 PM, Kaguya said:

Cool, for the TL tire, will you keep the tube or just install a new TL valve?

I'm planning to purchase variety sizes of TL valve and try them on. My understanding is TL TY tire can swap with no problems.

I put about 500 miles on an S18 with Angel, ran tubless with a new valve.  The tire was hard to keep centered while airing up and it leaked tubless slime slowly.  The cords in the tire actually started eating up the inside of the rim.   Not worth going without the tube but it's a nice tire with the exception of mud handling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Vince.Fab said:

I put about 500 miles on an S18 with Angel, ran tubless with a new valve.  The tire was hard to keep centered while airing up and it leaked tubless slime slowly.  The cords in the tire actually started eating up the inside of the rim.   Not worth going without the tube but it's a nice tire with the exception of mud handling.

Thanks for sharing this. I was think of adding some self-sealing liquid to seal up the leak...
I will definitely keep the tube installed.

I just purchased the Pirelli Angel from Amazon, I will mainly use it to commute, it should handle the paved road well.

What's the pressure did you put it in?