I've been riding my V11 with 150 psi in one upper chamber and 0 psi in the other for the last 5.000 kilometers

mhpr262

When I first got my V11 I never bothered to check the upper chambers because I didnt want to disassemble a brand new wheel. I merely inflated the lower chambers to around 170 psi which seemed appropriate for my weight and the result seemed OK to me and I left it at that.

Three days ago I went on a pretty long tour and wanted my wheel to be in top shape, so I decided to check the upper chambers for the first time. I removed the saddle parts, tried to attach the pump... and found out that the Inmotion pump that had come with the wheel couldn't fill - or empty - the upper chambers because the metal thing inside the pump was too short to open the valve. Apparently nobody had ever bothered to check that at the factory.

On top of that I decided to check the lower chambers too and discovered that the pressure gauge of the pump was suddenly broken for no reason I can recall whatsoever - it remained at zero even though this time the pump did make a connection to the valve and I could pump up the chamber. I had to fully empty both chambers and then pump them both back up with an equal number of strokes to get the pressure to be halfway reliably equal.

Today I got my Topeak MTB Pocket Shock DGX pump, which worked perfectly on all chambers, and found out about the unequal pressure in the top chambers of my wheel... at nearly 5.000 kilometers on the odometer. It must have come like that from the factory.

Stuff like that really makes it hard to trust or defend EUC manufacturers.

• Sad 1

That's probably leaked from bottom to upper chamber. I think they come empty from the factory so that the wheel can be shipped in its shortest form. Keep an eye on the pressures. You might be eligible for new air springs under warranty. 

Here's a good guide by @mrelwood

• Upvote 1