How to figure out controller for a scooter?

daveola

I got a scooter from alibaba and sure enough it's got problems.

It's this big monster:

Cycle.jpg

I need to figure out if there's any way to program the controller board, because it keeps screwing up the 'upright' angle.

Here's a photo of the controller.  Any idea how I'd figure out what it is or how to hopefully modify/connect to it?

Controller.png

• Like 1

I wish I knew.  :)

Turning it on and off while holding it in diff positions does nothing to change the angle.

Pulling the power from the board and plugging it back in *usually* does nothing, but suddenly the upright angle changed by about 10 degrees after doing this once, and now I'm stymied as to how I'm supposed to deal with this thing.

I was changing the board angle since I don't know of a software way to do it or a reset procedure, which leaves me in trouble when it very randomly changes with no seeming control.

That's why I am hoping to figure out what the controller is so maybe someone would know how I can control the upright angle.

Edited by daveola

That looks an awful lot like a Begode MTen3 board... see if you can connect using EUCW or DarknessBot, I think the Begode app filters out things that don't start with Gotway. Maybe you can calibrate it. You may also want to ask the original seller what app to use to change settings. I find it interesting they would use Begode's weakest board for such a large machine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

That looks an awful lot like a Begode MTen3 board... see if you can connect using EUCW or DarknessBot, I think the Begode app filters out things that don't start with Gotway. Maybe you can calibrate it. You may also want to ask the original seller what app to use to change settings. I find it interesting they would use Begode's weakest board for such a large machine.

So I found markings on it that say "Begode V12.6" - don't know if that's the same as an MTen3 board.

When I use the EUCW app it can't find any BLE devices (including unnamed) that only show up when I power the cycle.

I presume DarknessBot would be the same - and I don't see any way in EUCW to change the tilt angle of a wheel anyways.

And I wouldn't be surprised by any poor choices in design.  The seller ghosted after it arrived and wouldn't work, so I just had my credit card company cancel the charges, so at this point the wheel is free.  I'd still like to figure out how to make it reliable and usable...

When I checked the board this time it was the first time I left the power connected as I pulled the cover gently off (it has some wires attached from the cover to the board) and I heard some static-y sparking sounds that I won't say I was happy to hear.  Couldn't tell what wires they might have been coming from or what connection may be off.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I see no Bluetooth board on that board.

Any idea what chip(s) I should be looking for to tell if it has BT?  I'm guessing it does not because EUC hasn't been able to find it.

And I guess the next question is - if I had to just replace the board, any suggestions for what to use?

According to the specs, the battery is 60V and the motor is 2000W (though I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't true).

Just tested the battery pack and it's reading ~65V, so that much checks out.

Hmm, like @meepmeepmayer said, I didn't notice there is no BT chip. You may be able to connect to it and change settings if you are able to acquire a BT data chip for Begode wheels, because this is definitely a Begode board. I don't really like doing work promos on the forum, but I know we have some at the EUCO office. Send me an email nick@euco.us if you're interested, but other dealers probably have some as well. If you have a friend with a Begode wheel, you may be able to borrow the BT data chip.

• Like 1

I'll look into getting a BT chip, or possibly even a new board.

Is there some way to calibrate or set the angle for a Begode board without BT?  Some special way to press the power button that I don't know about?

And what's weird is that as I keep trying to play with the angle I've realized that it seems to randomly pick between two angles that are about 15 degrees apart.

So if I get it lined up, it works, and then when I take the cover off and unplug power to put the rest of the screws back in, it randomly switches it's angle.  And it's not just a range between the two angles, it's either angle A or angle B, and they're about 15 degrees off.  So physically changing the board angle will work some of the time, and then suddenly it's off by 15 degrees again.

Any ideas on why it might be jumping between two settings?

12 hours ago, daveola said:

The seller ghosted after it arrived and wouldn't work, so I just had my credit card company cancel the charges, so at this point the wheel is free.

:laughbounce2:

Any idea what chip(s) I should be looking for to tell if it has BT?  I'm guessing it does not because EUC hasn't been able to find it.

The Bluetooth board is a little 2x6cm (estimate) extra board plugged onto the main board. It used to be literally blue. Not sure if the look or model has changed. And your board obviously does not have it. Googling actually gets you some dealers selling it, but I would suggest following Nick's offer and just contacting him, he naturally knows what he is talking about.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gotway+bluetooth+board

plata%20upravlenie%20upravleniya.jpg

And I guess the next question is - if I had to just replace the board, any suggestions for what to use?

Getting the right firmware will be the problem, unless the producer of this just literally used the mten3 FW. Maybe you can extract the FW from your board, then you just need another one of the same board. I'm not knowledgeable about this.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
English