V12 HS 150V Mosfets

Desty

Hi all,

I have V12 early batch2, bought 2/2022 with original (100V) mosfets. Currently have on the clock 2500 kilometres without cutoff, but that's because I ride slow and with care, braking and speeding slowly.. 

I still do not have replacement board, the reseller still promising and giving me new dates (from June is already September), so I have decided I would bought the mosfets itself and I know guy in my country, who is capable (microsoldering) to swap the mosfets. Problem is, I have no idea where to buy mosfets TO-220 (I heard latest V12 has mix of TO-243 and TO-247).

Can you please help me? I am from EU

Thank you

Newark and digikey both ship worldwide. I found some 150v mosfets in stock at Newark, but I don't know exactly which ones you'd need. PNP, NPN matters very much, as well as the gate voltage. Please be very certain about the specs before attempting modifications to the board. 

5 hours ago, FlyingWigs said:

Newark and digikey both ship worldwide. I found some 150v mosfets in stock at Newark, but I don't know exactly which ones you'd need. PNP, NPN matters very much, as well as the gate voltage. Please be very certain about the specs before attempting modifications to the board. 

They used transistors are n channel mosfets. Besides gate voltage one should look for about comparable gate charge/capacity, switching times and rds on. Also thermal junction to case resistance and max power dissipation/relevant parts of the soa diagram should not differ too much.

But depending on the gate driver circuitry, heatsink design and maximum burdens some datasheet values could be not too important.

• Upvote 2

On 8/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, daniel1234 said:

Thanks a lot man! It is not broken, because I ride it as a p*ssy. If I would ride it how I want, I have dead mosfets in first 200 kilometers, which is kind of sad.

I just want to prepare on situation the controller board won't arrive, it's always good to have plan B tbh. 

Sadly nobody around has v12 to play with. But I somehow assume it is worth fixing yourself if anything gets wrong. There is just one person with HS waiting patiently for new board months - he sent already his board away :(.

You need to have all MOSFETs from the same batch ideally! You need to tell that to the supplier :D

It is like 7 EUR for fet, so it is worth to consider it only if you have more broken boards.