Passing wheel off to daughter - App question

Macboy

Proud papa passing his V8F down to his 9 year old daughter. Can she just install the app on her iPhone, connect to the wheel and go? Do I have to remove the wheel from my iPhone so when we’re riding together my phone doesn’t try to connect to her wheel?

Edited by Macboy
  • Upvote 1

In general, whomever connects to the wheel first 'owns' it and nobody else can connect until the current 'owner' disconnects (quit the app). Our bluetooth isn't able to connect to more than 1 phone at a time.

So chances are if her phone connects first, your phone won't even see that her wheel is available. When she's connected, no worries about anyone else!

I don't own IM, but the KS app requires you to manually choose a wheel when connecting, it doesn't automatically connect to the last wheel.

EUCWorld however, does try to automatically connect to the last wheel it was connected to, so if you use EUCWorld you'll want to tap the bluetooth icon (disconnects from anything it may be connected to) then tap it again to choose which wheel it's talking to.

Edited by Tawpie

What @Tawpie wrote about the Bluetooth connection applies, but in addition there is an ownership in the Inmotion app. There were a few things that can't be done to the wheel unless you're the registered owner, but I don't remember which ones they were.

1) Connect your phone too the wheel.

2) Go to the "Me" tab, and choose "My vehicles".

From there you can remove your ownership. Likewise, your daughter needs to navigate to the same place to submit the serial of the wheel to claim it hers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Macboy said:

Can I have it on both her phone and mine?

The wheel can only be owned by one phone. But it can definitely be used without being an owner! Both can connect, view the numbers, and change (at least most of) the settings.

• Upvote 1