EUC Word - V12-HT Majority of control options doesn't work

HEC

Once again, thanks @Seba for an excellent companion app, the range of options and features is leaving original apps in dust by miles...

Sadly, with my new V12-HT almost none of the control options work (i.e. those, you can assign to touching the screen or using the Flic buttons.

The only functions that are currently working are: Horn, Light and Enforce regulatory compliance (with unfortunately "incorrect" default Inmotion speed of 25 km/h instead of needed "custom" 20 km/h).

Not working, though desirable: Turn wheel off, Lock/unlock wheel (doesn't work in Wheel settings section either), Speaker volume down & up (it works in the Wheel setting but not as action buttons), Strobe (probably not supported directly by Inmotion but perhaps some SW solution instead with cycling the light modes a couple of times quickly would be an option here) and Disable/enable lift sensor (works only in Wheel settings section).

Also, having additional option to Turn off/on LED lights (as mentioned in my previous Topic) would be great too together with an option of assigning multiple functions to one click, like for example: Turn off lights + turn off LED + Enable lift sensor (and opposite combo indeed). I actually perform this combo on regular basis and currently it's not even possible to control 2 of 3 actions from the app, so I need to mess with the screen on the wheel instead. Finally, for wheels like V12 with multiple front light modes some direct option to turn off the lights by one click independent of the current mode instead of using 1 to 3 clicks to manually cycle through all the modes would be great too, perhaps also accompanied by the "complementary" function of reaching a specific mode by one click (i.e. high or combo beams without need of multiple clicks again). App is clearly aware of what light mode is the wheel in as it reports the mode after each click.

Once again, thank you for the great app and constant improvements and development! 

App version: 2.20.0

V12-HT firmware: Latest

Edited by HEC

On 8/8/2022 at 12:44 AM, HEC said:

The only functions that are currently working are: Horn, Light and Enforce regulatory compliance (with unfortunately "incorrect" default Inmotion speed of 25 km/h instead of needed "custom" 20 km/h).

I'm having problems getting speed limits for most of the locations in the world. If you give me details of allowed speed limit in your area/city/country, I'll update the database and it will work for you :)

On 8/8/2022 at 12:44 AM, HEC said:

Not working, though desirable: Turn wheel off, Lock/unlock wheel (doesn't work in Wheel settings section either), Speaker volume down & up (it works in the Wheel setting but not as action buttons), Strobe (probably not supported directly by Inmotion but perhaps some SW solution instead with cycling the light modes a couple of times quickly would be an option here) and Disable/enable lift sensor (works only in Wheel settings section).

The problem with quick actions is that adding more and more quick actions would unnecessarily complicate current EUC World app :( I will however add some features like turning the wheel off to quick actions. In newest V11 and V12 firmwares locking of the wheel doesn't work as Inmotion has changed the way it works (it needs Internet connection with IM servers and original Inmotion app). Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do - apparently IM wants to fully control this feature.

• Like 2

Pity about the locking / unlocking wheel but understandable move from Inmotion side.

I also understand that too many new quick action will make everything more complex and difficult to maintain. I'd be just happy if most of currently present actions would work on V12 and perhaps in addition to that also the already mentioned LED side lights control. The cherry on the top would be an option to link multiple actions to one click.

• Like 1