Dead charger?

JDL

When i put my charger in the wallplug theres is no light in it at all, but when i plug it in to the wheel it turns green... but the battery does not charge, and it just stays green.
To me it appears a defect charger, do you guys have any ideas?

1 hour ago, JDL said:

When i put my charger in the wallplug theres is no light in it at all, but when i plug it in to the wheel it turns green... but the battery does not charge, and it just stays green.
To me it appears a defect charger, do you guys have any ideas?

The green light only tells that the current is below some threshold.

So it could be that the bms cut off due to single cell overvoltage or some malfunctioning. At some wheels also the motherboard can stop charging.

As it seems your charger can dedect if nothing is connected? So broken wiring at the charge board should not be a possibility?

As a first step i'd measure the charger output voltage.

At which percentage is the battery? Charging does not work for the last percentage or for not empty batteries, too?

Did the charger use to show a light before connecting? Try a different charger. Got a friend's you could borrow? Or maybe ask among local riding groups.

If you're charging a Gotway then you can read the voltage in the app while charging. It should increase compared to not charging.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, i found out it was a defect charger, and fixed the issue.

I had a working charger with the wrong plug, so i spliced the right plug onto it and it worked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...