Veteran Sherman Battery question

Hey everyone. I was replacing the inner tube on my Sherman and accidentaly damaged one of two battery connectors that connects the battery to the main board. I've ordered a new connector but was curious if I could still use the wheel in the mean time having only one set of batteries connecting. I took the wheel out to test after reassembly and it seems to work fine, but wasn't sure if using it in the mean time would cause any damage to the battery. Would appreciate any input. Thanks! 

13 hours ago, ChubbyDragon said:

took the wheel out to test after reassembly and it seems to work fine, but wasn't sure if using it in the mean time would cause any damage to the battery. Would appreciate any input. Thanks! 

You have less the power than normal. So there is less safety margin at higher speeds and/or stronger accelerations/inclines.

The current burden can be up to twice as high for just one pack, but 5 cells in parallel should manage this.

Also the fuse between battery and motherboard could be endagered to melt, as the whole current comes now from just one pack.

So two more (slight?) reasons to right more conservatively with just one pack.

Before you reconnect the second battery you have to ensure that both packs have the same voltage again!

Best to charge each pack seperatly until the green light shows on the charger and additionaly measure the voltages of both packs before connecting both to the wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A short ride can already produce a voltage difference that's undesirable when reconnecting. If you're not sure, then check the wheel/app voltage readout with a single pack connected, one at a time. You can bring the lower pack up in voltage to match the other pack by charging it for a short while.

• Like 1