The wheel kept spinning after I jumped off.

sharinganrider

I was getting the mail the other day riding my week old Inmotion V12 High Torque. 
With all of the mail in my hand I lost my balance going about 3 miles an hour so I jumped off.
Normally the wheel just plops to it's side but this time the wheel plopped to it's side and started spinning rapidly as if it was still upright.
It was all of about 5 seconds when I managed to turn it off via the power button.

Does anyone know what was happening?

• Like 1

Don’t want to get too technical here, but sounds like a malfunction to me.

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. Welcome to the forum. 

I would try tipping it side to side while standing on the ground to see if the cutout *normaly* works. Report back on your findings.

Best,

• Thanks 1

Usually, when the wheel is tilted over too much to the side, it considers itself fallen over and switches itself off. But maybe this didn't happen this time, so it spun up (being also tilted forwards or backwards a bit, which controls its speed) and then eventually switched itself off because it reached its top speed but the forward/backward tilt didn't go away.

Usually, you can't use the power button to shut down a spinning wheel (the power button only works at very low speeds as a safety measure when riding).

Maybe the side-tilt switch off just didn't work this one time (no problemo) and the rest was normal behavior then.

As already said, let your wheel fall over and see what happens. If you cannot reproduce this, don't worry about it any longer.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sharinganrider said:

In the future should it happen again what are my options to stop the wheel as it spins?

Just wait the few seconds. Nothing you can really do.

But it shouldn't spin up when falling over, just switch off right away. I would test for that (just let it fall over on grass or something like that).

• Thanks 1