Seems my bearing are dying.. (It was the valve stem - making noise..)

Funky

If there is room for play at the valve hole, then the compression on the lower part of the tube (exerted by a ‘fuller figured’ rider, ahem!) might be enough to make the valve stem make contact when it comes around the casing, though it should be visible if you put. Say a little tippex on the valve cap or valve end, and see whether it is either still on the cap/end after riding, or if it has transferred to the inside of the casing somewhere?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

If there is room for play at the valve hole, then the compression on the lower part of the tube (exerted by a ‘fuller figured’ rider, ahem!) might be enough to make the valve stem make contact when it comes around the casing, though it should be visible if you put. Say a little tippex on the valve cap or valve end, and see whether it is either still on the cap/end after riding, or if it has transferred to the inside of the casing somewhere?

Will stick "play doh" on the cap it self. And will add a rubber seal around rim hole. - If it stops making noise. Or the doh is messed up.. Then i will know it's the stem at fault. Later i will figure something out, to stop it from moving..

Only thing it can be hitting is the rim itself as tire suppresses. The valve cap sits pretty close to rim, there's little bit of gap, so yeah.. It could be making that noise.

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

@Funky Just wondering, are you using an 18 x 2.5 or 18 x 3.0 inner tube?

Original 18x2.5 (When i placed it inside i taught, it's kinda "big" inside the K66.) I bet it's because K66 has sidewalls much thicket, it simply is pressing against valve stem. And as tire suppresses - it moves the valve. (Haven't tested yet.. Next week i will go for ride.)

• Like 1

• Funky changed the title to Seems my bearing are dying.. (It was the valve stem - making noise..)
5 hours ago, Funky said:

I'm happy to report, that after weeks of riding with "tuk-tuk-tuk-tuk" noise when turning right. I have found the source of that annoying noise. :D 

My guess was right - it was the "loose" valve stem.. Somehow when tire gets suppressed and released, it made that noise. (Also that valve stem was coming out at right side - so turning right made that noise.)

To fix that.. I used regular black rubber "heat shrink" over the valve stem. Making it "thicker" and sit more tightly in rim hole. (No metal to metal contact anymore.)

Still i don't know why, out of nowhere it started to make that noise.. Maybe inner tube "shifted" little bit. As i said before, K66 tire being tubeless.. It has sidewalls thicker and they somewhat hold the valve stem between them. Maybe inner tube doesn't get in that thigh gap, because of so said tire sidewalls, resulting in "loose" valve stem.

Congrats. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alcatraz said:

What was it hitting? Were the marks not visible in the wheel well? Wasn't the cap obviously ground down? 

Just curious...

As i said it simply where sitting "loosely" into the rim hole. You could move it around with one finger.. As tire suppressed on ground, it moved the valve and hit the rim hole side. (It had like 2mm play both sides.) After the tire goes away from ground, the valve stem "springs" back into original position and hits the rim hole side. (It literally was the valve stem metal - hitting rim hole metal.)

I even removed the rubber, to check if it really was the valve stem the second ride - Again the noise, so yup it was valve stem at fault. Then again i put the rubber around it. And noise where gone again. :D 

Edited by Funky