WTB - EU - Inmotion V11 battery

Looking for one side of the V11 battery pack.

Preferrably used but in functional condition.

EUROPE only

V11-battery.png

5 hours ago, ArieKanarie said:

Looking for one side of the V11 battery pack.

Preferrably used but in functional condition.

EUROPE only

V11-battery.png

https://e-rides.com/eu/product/inmotion-v11-electric-unicycle-replacement-battery-1-side/

Says they only have 1 left .sucks how expensive batteries are 

Edited by Dosingpsychedelics
  • Like 1

yah... that's about the going rate. I think you want to consider the health of your other battery too—if it's wearing out (not charging and discharging like a new battery), then pairing it with a new battery is a recipe for "please repair" especially with the new firmware that's watching for mismatched voltage between the packs... which they're doing to avoid fires.

In general, it's always safest to have all the cells in the battery system as much alike as you can possibly get them. If your other battery is fairly new you'll be able to pair it with a new battery... I did that with my 16XS but the stock battery only had 11 cycles on it when I added the second (new) pack. So far, all is fine.

Another possible option that I don't know if it'll work with a V11, but @GoGeorgeGo's friends were using something they called a "battery mixer" that allows batteries with different charge levels to be used together. IIRC, it'll use the battery with the highest voltage until that voltage is drawn down to match the other battery, then it'll use both. The downside is that when you only have 1 pack in your drive circuit, you lose a ton of safety margin. I don't know what it does if one battery loses charge/voltage quicker than the other one... but if it takes the battery that's low voltage out of the circuit and the system is under load, it seems like asking for a cutout. If this is the case, it might be something best left to vehicles with more than 1 wheel!

Edited by Tawpie

12 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

https://e-rides.com/eu/product/inmotion-v11-electric-unicycle-replacement-battery-1-side/

Says they only have 1 left .sucks how expensive batteries are 

I know where I can find new ones, the image I used is from that page :p

I am looking for a used pack (someone else who has one half gone bad?) exactly for the reason @Tawpie gives.

• Like 1