All time high average speed

Robse

I've got the crazy idea that it could be fun to compare and see

how fast people actually ride on their wheels - not top speed,

but instead what their average speed has been, all the time on

the same wheel. So: check your wheel, EUC world, Wheel log or

similar: Total distance for your wheel, and what is the total running

time.  Divided and > = average speed.

- is there anyone who is still speed demons here?

My wheel: 16X

Distance 2541 KM

Time 146 Hours

AV: 17,4 kph

Beat it ;)

• 1 month later...

I have an MCM5 EUC and I use the Darkness bot program, but alas, I can't see the average ride time there. There is an average speed for one ride - 43.5 km/h for 12 km. Especially went out on the track to set a record))) And so what I noticed, most of my trips ended with an average speed of 26-27 km/h.

18XL.

Distance 453km. (I don't ride much..)

Running time 77hrs (Messing around in my room doesn't help here.) :D 

I got 5.88kph.. LOL :D 

Doh in EUCWorld i got:  ~23kph as the "average" speed. Top speed: 40kph, when i get my set alerts. And if you follow with mouse on map, it shows 30-35kph normally. (2kph difference from gps and euc.)

Edited by Funky

On 6/20/2022 at 1:00 PM, Robse said:

My wheel: 16X

Distance 2541 KM

Time 146 Hours

AV: 17,4 kph

Beat it ;)

A little update on month later:

Distance 3285 km

Time 185 Hours

AV: 17,56

Yeah!   2% higher speed :clap3: 

3 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

You may want to check if the total running time includes the charging time too. 

The total running time on (my) 16X only counts up when the wheel is "on" / ready to ride.    But 77 hours running and only 453 km for @Funky  that sounds like the charging time is counting on his 18XL ?

57 minutes ago, Robse said:

The total running time on (my) 16X only counts up when the wheel is "on" / ready to ride.    But 77 hours running and only 453 km for @Funky  that sounds like the charging time is counting on his 18XL ?

I doubt that's included charging time. Because when i charge my wheel, it takes ~8hrs to charge. (It will charge 5-6 hrs till charger turns "green" and keep charging/balancing cells till wattage drops to 2.5W) Then wheel beeps 6 times - it means it's done balancing. Normally it's extra 1-2hrs after charger has turn green.

I normally charge when wheel is at 45-50% battery. And i can get ~45km from those 50% battery.

Time to time i power it up to do "pendulum". And simply messing around.:D Also learning riding backwards.. - No speed there. I may have not ridden "a lot", but have learned most skills already.:D 

Then again i don't know how it counts the time. I may be wrong.. I checked it from KingSong app.. Also at some point i started to use EUCWorld, to monitor the battery while charging. Maybe it has to do something.. Next charging time i will check hrs.

Not sure what this really proves - perhaps that some folk have access to longer and less busy paths? Someone living next to the LA "river" system might be easily able to maintain 30mph while someone on city roads might have to stop every 200 yards. I don't think I ever get over 14mph as an average speed but I think the average speed of cars in London is 7mph. As a group, do we really want to be promoting speed? wouldn't a better competition be one based on Wh/km?