Kingsong 16X burnt controller

Alton Dillon

19 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ouch! I think you might need a new board;)

Dam, figure that one out all by yourself? No shit, captain obvious, what was your first clue? :D 

Here i thought - he could use regular toothbrush and little bit of WD-40.. to clean all that nasty tar off. Would have been good as new.

28 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Can you tell what fried?

Motherboard - You're welcome.

Jokes aside - Sad to see when euc dies. Everything else fine? Only thing that died motherboard?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Funky said:

Dam, figure that one out all by yourself? No shit, captain obvious, what was your first clue? :D 

Here i thought - he could use regular toothbrush and little bit of WD-40.. to clean all that nasty tar off. Would have been good as new.

Motherboard - You're welcome.

Jokes aside - Sad to see when euc dies. Everything else fine? Only thing that died motherboard?

Yeah batteries still read 82V (was down to about 90%) and motor seems fine. Still a bummer though since I rely on the wheel for commuting and have no car.

10 minutes ago, Alton Dillon said:

I think the motor wires somehow shorted. One of the wires was burned through

Oh wow, I thought a solder point blew up or maybe a capacitor. If wires are shorted, that heating and melting must have happened over a longer time. Not just from a short jump-caused power spike. Maybe they were compromised to begin with? Did you ever do extreme continuous hill climbs?

13 minutes ago, Alton Dillon said:

Still a bummer though since I rely on the wheel for commuting and have no car.

I feel you! Your first out-of-action EUC is when you realize one should have at least two at all times, so this can never happen. Needing the wheel for a commute is extra bad.

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Oh wow, I thought a solder point blew up or maybe a capacitor. If wires are shorted, that heating and melting must have happened over a longer time. Not just from a short jump-caused power spike. Maybe they were compromised to begin with? Did you ever do extreme continuous hill climbs?

I feel you! Your first out-of-action EUC is when you realize one should have at least two at all times, so this can never happen. Needing the wheel for a commute is extra bad.

I did a couple hill climbs today on the trails, nothing too crazy before though.