brand new v11 app warning me to disconnect charger

blinbot

Hello,

I just bought a brand new v11 as my first euc and I'm running into issues with the setup.

I was able to plug in the charger and setup the app with no complaints, all diagnostics came good.

But then it prompted me to upgrade for 1.4 to the latest firmware. As soon as the update completed it started beeping loudly and the app warned me to immediately disconnect the charger and contact the retailer. (It was plugged in for maybe 5 minutes at this point).

The battery voltages are wildly different (43v for battery 1, 64v for battery 2) is this something I should be immediately concerned with (ex: battery fire) or is this maybe a side effect of a bad firmware upgrade? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, blinbot said:

is this something I should be immediately concerned with (ex: battery fire)

Yes, given there's been several reports of V11s catching fire on their first charge cycle recently. The firmware update released this last week is specifically to warn against this kind of imbalance.

2 hours ago, blinbot said:

is this maybe a side effect of a bad firmware upgrade?

Not that I have seen, you should speak to your reseller ASAP.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, blinbot said:

Should I disconnect the batteries from the board or is it good enough to just power it off?

I would try to put it back into transport mode, then power it off and store it somewhere you don't mind burning down (although I highly doubt it'll burst into flames when it's off and not connected to the charger). If you can't get it back to transport mode, just turn it off.

And call your reseller to arrange a return.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

(adding error message for future searches)

• Danger! Stop Charging! 
    Battery error, please stop charging and remove your charger immediately, put your wheel at a safe place.
    Please upload the vehicle log (Vehicle Settings - Diagnose- Upload log ), contact your dealer for service. 
    I Know The Risk

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Thanks 1

43V is significantly below what a pack should have been allowed to be drained to. Below 2.5V per cell (50V for the V11) is considered unsafe, the wheel won't let you drain below 3V per cell during normal use. The large imbalance between packs is also an issue. This was not a condition a new wheel should have arrived in, and it was risky to attempt to balance and charge these packs normally, luckily it seemed to have resolved without incident, although there is the potential for the pack that got that low to have been damaged, potentially not in a visible way. One explanation is your retailer storing the wheel for a significant amount of time at low battery and not maintaining the charge on the packs.

What should have been done was probably to remove the low pack, and trickle charge it with a significantly lower voltage than the stock charger uses until it was within normal voltage parameters and similar to the other pack, then both packs could be charged together normally.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 2