Beep upon App-connection - can I turn it off? & a few more newby questions

reach

Hi,

I'm new to the S18 and I loved it from the very beginning.

However, there's one thing that annoys me very much: as soon as it connects to the app, it beeps obsessively. With the orig. app it also beeps with pretty much every button press in the app. Isn't there a way to disable this?

Few more questions:

- the manual says it shows its SOC via the red backlight. I can't see anything like that. Am I weird, or is the manual wrong.

- am I the only one who doesn't feel much difference between the suspension lever right or left? If I know, I think I notice, but I'd have to lie if I said it makes much difference to me.

- it doesn't seem to fully power off. Meaning, the Bluetooth connection is always on. Is there a way to a) switch it off entirely and b) find out, whether it's fully off, or hybernate (except trying to connect via BT)?

- both apps, the orig. one and the EUC-World offer to adjust LED colours. Do I see itright that this feature doesn't exist with the S18?

Thx,

reach

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reach said:

Isn't there a way to disable this?

Sadly, no. Been asking for the ability to disable the connection beeps for years, and as you can hear…

2 hours ago, reach said:

the manual says it shows its SOC via the red backlight

Huh. Really! I should read the manual… I’ve never paid attention.

2 hours ago, reach said:

feel much difference between the suspension lever right or left?

Once your suspension is setup properly, AND it’s working properly, the difference should be dramatic. When the suspension is locked out, it’s a hard tail… if you can’t tell the difference it’s time to 1) make sure your upper chamber isn’t over-pumped—gently standing on the wheel should cause the suspension to compress a couple of cm. Use the blue rubber band thing to check. I highly recommend looking to the mountain bike experts for how to setup a suspension, we are short a wheel but the principle is the same.

2 hours ago, reach said:

doesn't seem to fully power off. Meaning, the Bluetooth connection is always on.

That’s not right… the BT will come on and stay in when connected to the charger, but after you use the button to turn it off it should be dead dead. If not, check with your reseller.

2 hours ago, reach said:

this feature doesn't exist with the S18?

That is correct, there aren’t any side LEDs to adjust. KS seems to share firmware between models so you’ll see inappropriate options. For example, the lift switch on the 16x can supposedly be changed to unmotivated or microbalance (the app has a setting and doesn’t complain when you set it) but the wheel ignores the setting completely. Supposedly that setting is S18 only, but it doesn’t do anything on my S18!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1