Can I get some recommendations for full faced non-visor helmets?

I use the Demon Podium helmet with MIPS.  I think it is comfortable, reasonably priced, and available in many color schemes.  The strap uses a clip not a D-ring, so it's faster.  A couple of points:

- using their size chart, I would suggest one size higher.  Their chart said I should get L.  I got XL and it fits perfectly.

- The rear has a slight edge so attaching a brake light might be a little less convenient.

https://www.amazon.com/Demon-United-Podium-Helmet-Black/dp/B079XR43BW/

Edited by 360rumors
  • Like 1

How, where and how fast do you ride?

The Podium MIPS is a great affordable choice, as are the Bell Supers which are in a similar/slightly better class but a little more costly.

However, if you are riding out in traffic on the streets of Toronto I would definitely upscale.

I recommend you try to find a helmet that weighs around 1kg or less unless you want maximum protection. The HJC MX-Creed apparently weighs 1300g which isn't too bad, however. The Bell Supers weigh around 700-800g (DH may be slightly more).

If you have the budget, Troy Lee makes great helmets with a signature look. The Stage (MTB enduro) is most comparable to the Bell helmets; the D4 (MTB DH) (and D3 - not MIPS) and SE4/5 (motocross) are heavier and more suited to hardcore fast riding.

edit: Btw, skip the Demon FreeRide (aka FRLInk with audio) - I have it, and it's skimpy/flimsy and not in the same class as the Podium.

edit2: The Stage has an awesome magnetic closure (Fidlock® buckle), but the D3,4 and SE4,5 have D-rings.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Funky said:

And if you don't like the double "D" strap thing. You can get "quick" release thingy, to make it quick release. > https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20220518083606&SearchText=helmet+quick+release&spm=a2g0o.productlist.1000002.0

Yes, but if you cut the straps on any helmet it will void the warranty, which comes in handy if you crash and want a replacement.

Are those quick release things from aliexpress going to be reliable?

They seem to be made of plastic, and are very cheaply priced.

Are they going to fail in a crash?

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

A helmet that has cost many hundreds of dollars, might be totally useless if a cheap, plastic quick release thing fails.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, litewave said:

Yes, but if you cut the straps on any helmet it will void the warranty, which comes in handy if you crash and want a replacement.

lol helmets have warranty? In my country i doubt that. Why would they replace a used item, that was "used" as intended.. If you crash you buy new one. Ofc if it's cracked and what not.

16 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Are those quick release things from aliexpress going to be reliable?

They seem to be made of plastic, and are very cheaply priced.

Are they going to fail in a crash?

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

A helmet that has cost many hundreds of dollars, might be totally useless if a cheap, plastic quick release thing fails.

I really don't care how "reliable" they are, they make life easier. Like helmet will go flying off my head at 35kph speeds..

There are also metal ones if you are "scared" of plastic. :D

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Funky said:

lol helmets have warranty? In my country i doubt that. Why would they replace a used item, that was "used" as intended.. If you crash you buy new one. Ofc if it's cracked and what not.

"This Crash Replacement Program is available to customers in the United States only. Please contact your Local Authorized Bell Dealer to learn about programs available in your country."

Demon Shred-Proof Warranty

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, litewave said:

If your Bell bike or motorcycle helmet has been involved in an accident, you may be eligible for a discount on a new Bell replacement helmet.

Only discount..

Anyways my 150$ helmet didn't have any warranty. Okey if it had some kind defect/problem then you could return it in 14 days.. Other than that none. :D First time hearing about helmet and warranty. :D