Is it possible to get an european liability insurance that is valid in Germany?

A few weeks ago, I bought my first EUC, an Inmotion V8F. I live in Germany, and I'm aware of the strict laws against EUC's. I'm aware that liability insurance and license plate are required to drive an EUC legally on the streets. Nonetheless, to get one, your vehicle needs a "road approval" (Straßenzulassung). Since EUC's don't have one, you can't get the insurance and thus you're committing a felony and risk getting heavy fines and even jail time. 

My plan, however, is to drive on small roads where it is very little unlikely to meet law enforcement. Nonetheless, I would like to get liability insurance if the police ever stop me. Therefore, I wondered if it is possible to get legit EUC insurance in any other European country. Ideally, it would insure your EUC while in other EU countries, including Germany (if such insurance exists). As I understand, it is possible to insure an EUC in France and Belgium.

I would appreciate any links to european insurers with which you have insured your EUC. If you have any information about which countries they insure I would appreciate that too. 

I would still be missing the "road approval," but fines are much lower for that. 

Riding EUC is a dream, it is the future of mobility, and I appreciate any help to drive on the road and not only in forests.

No idea about actual insurance, but the German HUK Coburg insurer lets you insure your "self balancing Elektrokleinstfahrzeug" online (meaning Segways, I presume), and they only explicitly rule out Onewheels und Hoverboards... EUCs are not mentioned. They will send you a tiny license plate you can affix to your vehicle. You can always play dumb if the police stops you and you will probably get away with a warning, at least the first time.

• 5 months later...

Hi @alexnodigo

I ride an EUC in France where insuring the pevs is possible and actually mandatory. I have mine insured through Wizzas; I am sure there are many others though. I pay something like 50 euros a year. Germany is in the list of countries for which the insurance is valid. I am not too sure what that means really, but at least maybe you can play good faith with that. You will need to give them the serial number of the wheel; I just took what I saw on the pedal of my kingsong (KS18LXXXXXXXXXX90) . I use this  to affix it on the wheel.