Understanding what pedal dipping is for, and how it works.

iCjay

Just my experience, but it seems the pedal dipping issue on Sherman has to do with what's called turn assist, but you have to understand that this turn algorithm can only be entered safely if you slow way down to a crawl.  When you slow way down you can use the dipping algorithm to turn in a much smaller area.   Just remember any sharp turns at speed can  activate pedal dipping, and this may be an inappropriate speed. Always slow way down then make your turns if you need to make a sharp direction change. Carving is unaffected.  

Personally I would prefer no turn assist algorithm, or at least a way to turn it off.

and a shameless link to my latest Youtube vid   Please sub!   Thanks!  

I had always chalked up pedal dipping in turns to the centripetal force of the turn confusing the wheel about where "level" actually is. I have no idea why I think this, but in a strange way it sort of made sense to me because I assume the algorithm is fairly simple and (early on) didn't take into account the "gravity" vector increasing in magnitude and pointing off to the side while the wheel is tilted and yawing (not going straight). I have no idea why Sherman still has it, most of the other manufacturers have really improved in that regard.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 2:10 AM, iCjay said:

Just my experience, but it seems the pedal dipping issue on Sherman has to do with what's called turn assist,

I think no pedal dip is just fail and error state of ballancing.

I can compare V10F ,ks16x ,MSP 2500w HT, sherman V2. And king is Kingsong and inmotion worst sherman but after update FW sherman perform better.

Good calibration is wery important dont understimate this. Thrue level only acepted :-)

• Haha 1