Uploading my first offical EUC video to YouTube in about 2 hours! 5 Reasons you should ride an EUC in the rain!

LightWave

Hey let me know what you think of my first official EUC video I uploaded to YouTube. I have all kinds of weird ideas for making videos that are a bit unique so I thought I would see how this goes and if people like it I will upload more and improve as I go along here

Any feedback is appreciated and I will either delete it and make a new one or create a follow up video. I know the idea is a bit telling people they should ride in the rain because it's not 100% safe but I personally look forward to bad weather to take out the EUC!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIFt59GLyCf45hfQRqGmhg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Rain can be very invigorating for some people for some of the reasons you mention in the video. BTW, here is a tip. Don't wear jeans, they are horrible for water retention. If you wear something like Dickies and get caught in the rain, the Dickies will dry out fairly rapidly in the right conditions where the jeans (denim) will stay wet until you hang them in the sun or put them in a dryer. If I know I am likely to get caught in the rain I will take my motorcycle rain pants with me.

I always carry in my backpack trusty, good old "backpack cover". That i put over my euc, every time it's starts pouring rain. Works very well when it's pouring "BUCKETS" of water. Also thick grease around bearings/axle will prevent water ingress. :efee8319ab:

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Roadpower said:

Don't wear jeans, they are horrible for water retention. If you wear something like Dickies and get caught in the rain, the Dickies will dry out fairly rapidly in the right conditions where the jeans (denim) will stay wet until you hang them in the sun or put them in a dryer.

100% agree! I use waterproof boots as well

No sense in deleting it…reason number three is good. Or was it four ? ( less people out and about).

If you are in a rainy area, you get a lot more ride time. Also, makes it kinda dreamy, right ?

I enjoyed your video, thanks for sharing. Can't agree with you though—I just do not like riding in the rain! Yes, I'm as waterproof as I can make myself but still... that trickle down your back that gets into your pants just, isn't, my, thing. That, and I'm not a fan of being cold. Or wet. Maybe I'm one with Lt. Warf (a Klingon in one of the Star something series(s)) who, when invited to go swimming scoffed "Swimming??? No! It's too much like bathing".

However, I do like the points you make... thinking time, more peaceful, 'zen-er'. I'm on board with all of those, they're why riding is so magical for me so I totally get it. Personally, I dash out during the sun breaks, or at least the "not actually really raining at this very instant" breaks.

Stanley Park is a special place, you are indeed blessed. Looking forward to some of that other footage you have too!

Edited by Tawpie

In the Pacific Northwest, the climate type is considered to be that of the moderate rainforest.  So, in the fall, winter, and spring, if one doesn't ride in the rain, then the rider would have to miss out on a lot of riding.

So, I ride in the rain. When it is not too windy, I use an umbrella. The umbrella is great; no matter how hard it rains, I hardly get wet except for the lower part of my legs. It feels most refreshing while riding just above the freezing point. In heavy rain, there are very few riders along bike paths. Every riders that I see then are well geared, serious commuters. Late at night, in heavy rain just above zero would be the right mixed of conditions to basically guarantee that there will be no one else along bike paths. You can have the whole path to yourself.

In the Fall around November, with fallen leaves everywhere on the ground, and heavy rain at night, one definitely needs to assess traction conditions and take cautionary measures. The problem I have with the Begode T3 is the leaf debris collected in the hollow bore. Yup, in the the infinite wisdom of Begode engineers,  they don't seal the hollow bore.

I noticed that in your video it wasn't really raining that hard. I find that the video is not that convincing that you are someone who like to ride  much in the rain. You may need shots in heavy rain, and perhaps tons of leaves on the ground in November. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

My respect to those who ride in the rain. I will not do it. 
Have had enough of experiences on a motorcycle in the rain, 
where it always ends up that no matter how well equipped, 
you can pour water out of the boots when you get home ...
Edited by Robse

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

In the Pacific Northwest, the climate type is considered to be that of the moderate rainforest.  So, in the fall, winter, and spring, if one doesn't ride in the rain, then the rider would have to miss out on a lot of riding.

So, I ride in the rain. When it is not too windy, I use an umbrella. The umbrella is great; no matter how hard it rains, I hardly get wet except for the lower part of my legs. It feels most refreshing while riding just above the freezing point. In heavy rain, there are very few riders along bike paths. Every riders that I see then are well geared, serious commuters. Late at night, in heavy rain just above zero would be the right mixed of conditions to basically guarantee that there will be no one else along bike paths. You can have the whole path to yourself.

In the Fall around November, with fallen leaves everywhere on the ground, and heavy rain at night, one definitely needs to assess traction conditions and take cautionary measures. The problem I have with the Begode T3 is the leaf debris collected in the hollow bore. Yup, in the the infinite wisdom of Begode engineers,  they don't seal the hollow bore.

I noticed that in your video it wasn't really raining that hard. I find that the video is not that convincing that you are someone who like to ride  much in the rain. You may need shots in heavy rain, and perhaps tons of leaves on the ground in November. 

I'd like to se that umbrella-driving stuff :thumbup:

• Like 1

I ride V8F in the rain. The helmet must be ON the jacket, and jacket on pants, pants on boots. Your red light is a good idea. I like black too, i have yellow color on it ; a raining day is dark. Have a nice ride !

35 minutes ago, Robse said:

I'd like to se that umbrella-driving stuff :thumbup:

Sorry, I haven't gotten into the video recording stuff. Perhaps someone else can do it.

I think it could be pretty cool to watch if you find someone who knows who to make movies to film it.  

Edited by techyiam

On 4/6/2022 at 1:48 AM, Robse said:
My respect to those who ride in the rain. I will not do it. 
Have had enough of experiences on a motorcycle in the rain, 
where it always ends up that no matter how well equipped, 
you can pour water out of the boots when you get home ...

I used to ride a 125 year round. And you are right. It gets wet. However, it can be a lot drier riding an euc with an umbrella, if it isn't too windy. In fact, I find it quite pleasant to ride in the rain on an euc with an umbrella. I used to dread a little going out in the rain on a 125.

Edited by techyiam

On 4/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, OldFartRides said:

It’s a “scattered” day today. I’m heading downtown to run some errands on the v11, and it’s your fault.

I hear the V11 is amazing in the rain! Hope to have that wheel someday :D