EUC apps

Vam Monaco

I’ve downloaded the Begode app to use with my RS 19 and there’s a tab called “videotape“ on the main page, but I can’t get it to record any videos. What’s up with that?

Can I change the brightness of my light?
I don’t like any of the 9 color patterns they offer. I’d rather have RED in the front rather than pink or rainbows. Is there an app to change it?

How do I know what firmware I have, and how to update it?

Also, I’ve noticed there’s also a GotWay app in the AppStore. In one better than another and is there any problems I should consider if I’m using DarknessBot? 

MY MAIN CONCERN IS: Is it dangerous having multiple apps? Let’s say DarknessBot is regulating the speed and tilt back of the wheel, what happens if I launch the Begode app while in motion? Is there a possibility of catastrophe that could lead to a crash?

Edited by Vam Monaco

1 hour ago, Vam Monaco said:

MY MAIN CONCERN IS: Is it dangerous having multiple apps? Let’s say DarknessBot is regulating the speed and tilt back of the wheel, what happens if I launch the Begode app while in motion? Is there a possibility of catastrophe that could lead to a crash?

Apps don't really "regulate" the speed, when you change the setting it sends the setting to the wheel once (for wheels that support this) and that's it.

I find that if one uses DarknessBot (IOS) or EUC World (Android) there is really no need to use manufactures app unless there is some sort of exclusive setting only available there, those two 3rd party apps are in many way superior to what the manufactures offer.

• Like 1

As Rawnei said, Darknessbot for iOS and EUC World for Android are the 2 main apps everyone uses. There shouldn't be much of any use in using the manufacturers app. Running both apps at the same time could potentially cause issues if you have different settings for both, but it shouldn't be an issue having multiple apps installed on the same phone. I wonder if it could change some setting like tiltback on you on accident by launching an app with different settings, I'm not sure how the apps work in the backend so I can't comment on that. I just wouldn't launch them both at the same time

19 hours ago, Vam Monaco said:

Is there a possibility of catastrophe that could lead to a crash?

Low? I haven't bothered to check, but I don't believe the wheels that are out there today can talk to more than 1 app at a time. So if you were using Darknessbot and then launched the Begode app the Begode app would search for the wheel but since the wheel is already talking to Darknessbot it won't be seen by the Begode app and that means the Begode app has no way of changing any wheel settings. It'd be worth confirming while stationary.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:00 AM, Vam Monaco said:

There is nothing to worry about.

You can use any app you want. The wheel has some settings that can be changed.

Some apps might save your settings and try to re-apply some of the settings when you connect to the wheel.

Besides connecting to the wheel and manually changing some options, apps do not randomly send commands to your wheel.

And even if they do (by trying to change the tiltback speed for example), the app will reject the command above a certain speed.

So again, you can use any app you want, but be mindful that the app when connecting might override settings you made via a different app.

• Like 1