Speed setting problems in KingSong app (maybee ;-)

Robse

Hello :-)

I am the proud owner of a KS 16X,  everything is fine except for one small detail:

When I want to change speed settings, there are 4 sliders, 
 I can deselect speed alert 1 and 2 (set them to "close") 
then there is the last alarm and tiltback speed left. 
Max speed is indicated to 50 kmh, but regardless I enter "warning at 46" 
and "tilt back at 48" and save this, so the next time I look for speed settings,
 both sliders are back at 45 kmh. Is this just the way it is and so the 50 kmh 
is just unattainable, or what can be done? Others who have tried the same?

Greetings from Denmark :-)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, supercurio said:

Hi @Robse!

Is it a 16X or 16 XS?

It's a 16X with 1554 battery, i have testet range, it runs +80 km and there is 35% battery left,

and the charger (smart charger) is able to charge more than 774 w - (once i run it down to 20% the charger charged 1325 w

, the serial number also indicates 16X,  so its" the real thing" ;-)  but however, the kingson app states that the model i KS16XS ?  

Pretty odd! Did you buy it first hand from a shop?
The 45 km/h limit indicates that it's a 16XS indeed upgraded to 2x packs, like @Tawpie did.

If it's a bug specific to the Kingsong app, then you can try to set the speed limit with a third party app like EUC World, WheelLog, DarknessBot.

If the wheel firmware always enforces a 45/h limit then it's not equipped with a 16X board, or maybe a 16X board with a 16XS firmware (if that's even possible)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

The 45 km/h limit indicates that it's a 16XS indeed upgraded to 2x packs, like @Tawpie did.

If it's a bug specific to the Kingsong app, then you can try to set the speed limit with a third party app like EUC World, WheelLog, DarknessBot.

If the wheel firmware always enforces a 45/h limit then it's not equipped with a 16X board, or maybe a 16X board with a 16XS firmware (if that's even possible)

First hand from  a shop, and the serial number states that it is a real 16X.  EUC world and Wheellog; Same sh*t ;-)  Firmware 2.08 and production date= 2021-09-27 , but i dont know what motherboard version.. ?  Does anybody know if there is a hardware difference between 16X and 16XS regarding motor power 2000W versus 2200W, or if this is related to battery capacity and firmware?  Thanx so far :-) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, supercurio said:

Extra: You own a 16X?  What model does your Kingsong app report? :-)

I'll check what the app reports in a bit, but if the serial number has a 2 near the very start the control board is an XS (iirc @Seba told me that). The 16X has a 1. I bought an XS and added a second battery. I also changed the control board during the battery add process because the new battery actually turned out to have a problem (the control board was fine). The original board called itself an XS to EUCWorld but the second calls itself an X. I'll also see if I can set the speed limits higher and if the higher setting will 'stick'.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I'll check what the app reports in a bit, but if the serial number has a 2 near the very start the control board is an XS (iirc @Seba told me that). The 16X has a 1. I bought an XS and added a second battery. I also changed the control board during the battery add process because the new battery actually turned out to have a problem (the control board was fine). The original board called itself an XS to EUCWorld but the second calls itself an X. I'll also see if I can set the speed limits higher and if the higher setting will 'stick'.

My serial number is "KS16X2B yy-mm-dd-XXXX   what i know is that the 2 after the X indicates that is is a 1554 w version = "X" and not XS - the B is black - the rest is date and a production number, which has neither 2 or 1 in it ;-)

kk. My wheel tells the KS app that it's an XS (the header after it connects). EUCWorld says it's an X model. Max speed limits available in the KS app is 45 km/h. Serial number starts with KS16X1B2.

Such an odd identify crisis for your wheel, @Robse.
It looks like your distributor should be the one helping you here. There's room for improvement in QA/QC somewhere it seems, and the seller should be the one getting answers from KingSong probably.

• Like 1