Just got my new Gotway RS19 (High Speed), but it's not going very fast

Vam Monaco

Just got a new Gotway RS19 (High Speed) from DHgate, but it's not going fast :( I'm getting the "beeps" at around 34 mph.

Is there some kid of speed lock that I need to disable?
Is there a way I can verify that this is really genuine and I got what I paid for?

Edited by Vam Monaco

• Vam Monaco changed the title to Just got my new Gotway RS19 (High Speed), but it's not going very fast
14 minutes ago, Vam Monaco said:

Just got a new Gotway RS19 (High Speed) from DHgate, but it's not going fast :( I'm getting the "beeps" at around 34 mph.

Is there some kid of speed lock that I need to disable?
Is there a way I can verify that this is really genuine and I got what I paid for?

Download euc world(android) or DarknessBot(iOS) you can set alarms there. To verify you have a high speed you need to either look at the edge of the motor for c30(hs) or c38(ht) or do a no load test. I would have to look up the speeds for each but I would assume the hs to be in the 50mph  range and ht to be 45ish.

• Like 1

First ensure you have the C30 (high speed model).

Then increase the limits. You have tiltback at 31.

It's my understanding is that you can disable all the alarms except the 5 beep. Maybe the 3 beep also can't be disabled.

Count the amount of beeps you hear. Let us know.

5 beeps is the absolute limit. Never push past 5 beeps.

Gotway/Begode wheels have alarms 1 and 2 that need to be disabled, they start at like 15 and 30mph. If you're using EUC World it's under >Wheel >Speed Alarms. Not sure where it'll be on other apps. The regular 80% beeps (which shouldn't start until somewhere above 40+mph) can't be disabled, but those are the beeps you need to respect.

22 hours ago, Resko727 said:

Download euc world(android) or DarknessBot(iOS) you can set alarms there. To verify you have a high speed you need to either look at the edge of the motor for c30(hs) or c38(ht) or do a no load test. I would have to look up the speeds for each but I would assume the hs to be in the 50mph  range and ht to be 45ish.

c38 = HT --> no load lift test speed = 49mph; 80% alarm high speed beeps start at 38 on a full charge

c30 = HS --> no load lift test speed = 65mph; 80% high speed alarms start around 45mph on a full charge

17 hours ago, Vam Monaco said:

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but it starts beeping at just 20 mph. Theee are my settings....

Using your screenshot, I can see your default speed alarms are still on.

Go to 'alarm settings'

select "turn off level 2 alarm"

You're done. This will disable the dumb alarms that happen before the high speed alarms. Your wheel will still beep it's high speed alarm with this change in settings. Caution: you may not hear the actual alarm at these speeds due to wind/traffic noise, ensure you've got some backup plan to avoid overleaning.

Edited by Denny Paul

2 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

c38 = HT --> no load lift test speed = 49mph; 80% alarm high speed beeps start at 38 on a full charge

c30 = HS --> no load lift test speed = 65mph; 80% high speed alarms start around 45mph on a full charge

Using your screenshot, I can see your default speed alarms are still on.

Go to 'alarm settings'

select "turn off level 2 alarm"

You're done. This will disable the dumb alarms that happen before the high speed alarms. Your wheel will still beep it's high speed alarm with this change in settings. Caution: you may not hear the actual alarm at these speeds due to wind/traffic noise, ensure you've got some backup plan to avoid overleaning.

Thank you for the clarification I was just guessing off the top of my head.