My v8f stopt working

Kevvexoul

4 minutes ago, Kevvexoul said:

my v8f stopt working and i opend the euc and saw this in the board, can i repair it or do i need to buy a new board?

Hi! This seems to be a burnt fuse. No idea which fuses they use in detail and how to replace these.

The wheel.itself still turns without resistance?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chriull said:

Hi! This seems to be a burnt fuse. No idea which fuses they use in detail and how to replace these.

The wheel.itself still turns without resistance?

Yes it turns with out problem (no resistance)

• Like 1

Looks like a mini 30 amp automotive fuse. You should be able to pick up a new one at a hardware store for a few cents or in your case kronor.

1. disconnect the battery (very important or you could weld the fuse to the fuse holder when you try to pull it with your pliers, from personal experience)

2. turn the wheel on (to drain the capacitors)

3. pull out the old fuse (you could do this before you go to the store and bring it with you to make sure you get the right fuse)

4. put the new one in (orientation doesn't matter)

5. reconnect the batteries (push the connector together as fast as possible to mitigate sparks)

*note: you may want to consider WHY the fuse burnt. did you try to climb a hill? jam the wheel? bumb a curb? overpower it? If you spin the wheel and it is "cogging" you probably have a short in your phase wires or your board. 

If it is cogging i wouldn't replace the fuse since it might further damage the wheel.

Edited by Menace

3 hours ago, Menace said:

Looks like a mini 30 amp automotive fuse. You should be able to pick up a new one at a hardware store for a few cents or in your case kronor.

1. disconnect the battery (very important or you could weld the fuse to the fuse holder when you try to pull it with your pliers, from personal experience)

2. turn the wheel on (to drain the capacitors)

3. pull out the old fuse (you could do this before you go to the store and bring it with you to make sure you get the right fuse)

4. put the new one in (orientation doesn't matter)

5. reconnect the batteries (push the connector together as fast as possible to mitigate sparks)

*note: you may want to consider WHY the fuse burnt. did you try to climb a hill? jam the wheel? bumb a curb? overpower it? If you spin the wheel and it is "cogging" you probably have a short in your phase wires or your board. 

If it is cogging i wouldn't replace the fuse since it might further damage the wheel.

thank you for the advice il try it. And it just pushed the om button and the battery indicator light up for half a second and turned of, after that it wont start at all.