Gotway Begode EXN Tyre

HighEndScooters

Anybody have the Michellin city pro tyre on their EXN? Im really interested to hear if its better or worse than the michellin street pilot 2  tyre i have on my wheel.

I love my tyre but seen this tyre is on sale so wanted to hear peoples thoughts and opinions on the tyre for street use although I do light trails sometimes.

Thanks in advance peeps

19 hours ago, HighEndScooters said:

Anybody have the Michellin city pro tyre on their EXN? Im really interested to hear if its better or worse than the michellin street pilot 2  tyre i have on my wheel.

I love my tyre but seen this tyre is on sale so wanted to hear peoples thoughts and opinions on the tyre for street use although I do light trails sometimes.

Thanks in advance peeps

Once you upgrade to decent rubber from the thin stock tires and choosing knobbies vs street, that’s got to be about 99% of the total benefit of selecting good tires.  Especially considering the slow speeds we’re going compared to motorcycles, tires don’t matter all that much. How often doors anyone break traction on the street really? Changing from the pilot street to the city pro doesn’t make much sense unless you plan on riding in the rain a lot. Both are street tires. City pro is better in the rain. The pilot street is a better in good conditions because it’s stickier compound, and it has more contact with the road since there’s less of a tread pattern.

I have ridden both the pilot street on the exn I used to own, and the city pro on the monster v3 I currently own. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Once you upgrade to decent rubber from the thin stock tires and choosing knobbies vs street, that’s got to be about 99% of the total benefit of selecting good tires.  Especially considering the slow speeds we’re going compared to motorcycles, tires don’t matter all that much. How often doors anyone break traction on the street really? Changing from the pilot street to the city pro doesn’t make much sense unless you plan on riding in the rain a lot. City pro is more of a rain friendly, do it all tire. For street riding in good weather, the pilot street is a better tire. Slightly stickier, and has more contact with the road since there’s less of a tread pattern.

I have ridden both the pilot street on the exn I used to own, and the city pro on the monster v3 I currently own. 

Thanks for this response your opinion is valued very much as an owner of both tyres.  As I mentioned earlier I wanted both tyres but can only make 1 purchase for a 1 wheel device lol 

I love my tyre as stated but still curious as to how the city pro performed I am based in the UK where weather is ok at the best of times but can rain alot here so rain performance is important however I do not consciously ride in the rain.

16 hours ago, Funky said:

Maybe helps little bit >>> 80/90-14 also mentioned..

Thank you for this post big man it was nice to see that I am not the only person who has been investigating this tyre on this forum.  I read through the post it sounds like a good tyre once my current tyre needs replacing I will purchase this tyre to compare the 2 riding experience I get from both tyres.

Once again thank you 

Andrew 

13 minutes ago, HighEndScooters said:

I love my tyre as stated but still curious as to how the city pro performed I am based in the UK where weather is ok at the best of times but can rain alot here so rain performance is important however I do not consciously ride in the rain.

if you care about rain or wet situation in general think about haidenau k66

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EMA said:

if you care about rain or wet situation in general think about haidenau k66

Yeah, i mounted K66 80/80-14 even on my 18xl (Cut sides little bit, have not tested the ride yet..) 

Just because how people have praised K66. +I liked how it looks, doh 90% of my riding is on street. Will try going offroad little bit more now.

I originally was thinking about city pro 70/90-14 tire, but i found that 70/90 tire height from where tire/rim meets was only 50mm.. To low in my mind as stock tire on my 18xl was 54mm..

K66 80/80-14 increased height to 58mm and it's much more robust tire in general vs regular euc tires.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Funky said:

Yeah, i mounted K66 80/80-14 even on my 18xl (Cut sides little bit, have not tested the ride yet..) 

Just because how people have praised K66. +I liked how it looks, doh 90% of my riding is on street. Will try going offroad little bit more now.

I originally was thinking about city pro 70/90-14 tire, but i found that 70/90 tire height from where tire/rim meets was only 50mm.. To low in my mind as stock tire on my 18xl was 54mm..

K66 80/80-14 increased height to 58mm and it's much more robust tire in general vs regular euc tires.

For the RS, K66 80/90-14 was the perfect size and I'm running it now. The EXN wheel well is larger so could fit a larger tire, but that would add weight on the same motor, so I would go with the same size for EXN.

Edited by windowmaker
  • Upvote 1