MCM5 1100Wh

Can't say for sure. The pictures are from an ad on the chinese 2nd hand pages. The pack strikes me as similar to the Tesla v2 1480Wh pack. Wasn't that original?

All those red wires for sure mean that the bms is located outside some of the packs.

The tesla v2 1480 pack was a pair of 42v packs connected in series.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

eh, the mcm5 has a pretty powerful motor in just a 3p battery config. I would want better performance cells rather than increased capacity, especially in light of how we've seen the the LG 21700's play out by begode. Im happy with the 800wh 18650 Panasonic/Sanyo cells

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alcatraz said:

The pictured NCR21700A cells are higher current than M50T. Similar to 50E cells I believe. Not a big difference but definitely better at current delivery.

Is that what it says in Chinese? What brand are the cells?

It says 特斯拉21700 = Tesla 21700.

Tesla cells can be a few different Panasonic/Sanyo kinds but most commonly they're the NCR21700A ones that were made exclusively for Tesla motors. They're refurbished from car battery packs. For many years packs that showed problems for automotive use were sent to china for recycling. The chinese repackaged and tested the cells, and grouped them by tested capacity. 

Edited by alcatraz

• 6 months later...