Overload. Please Get Off. V10F

Paleharmony

I just bought an Inmotion v10f less than a month ago from Ewheels. I recently turned off the 15mph speed clamp and now when I ride it, it tells me overload please get off and tilts the petals back all the way. Battery was at 85%, flat ground, and I was not accelerating real fast. Its never been opened, but has fallen a few times, but nothing major. It keeps doing it and I can't figure out why. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 2

Welcome @Paleharmony

I split your post off to an own topic. You should be able to change the title to your liking.

4 hours ago, Paleharmony said:

I recently turned off the 15mph speed clamp and now when I ride it, it tells me overload please get off and tilts the petals back all the way. Battery was at 85%, flat ground, and I was not accelerating real fast.

At which speed?

"Not accelerating real fast" is very relative ;) EUCs cannot handle higher accelerations at higher speeds. Sometime "not accelerating real fast" can be too much. EUC limits are not really intiitive (https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7855-anatomy-of-an-overlean/?tab=comments#comment-107721)

You're sure it says overload? Afair this was sometimes reported misunderstood and meant overheat.

The Inmotion app has some diagnose functionality - anything interesting reported?

What's the temperature once it warns you? Although the app reports motherboard temperature and not heatsink/mosfet temperature which is used for warnings.

If you use an android phone you could log such an event with EUC World or wheellog (https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/22558-euc-apps-and-projects/ ) and could look in detail what's happening.

These should log also all temperature values...

Such an log should give hints if this is some normal or strange behaviour.

And here should be enough V10f riders around knowing all the pecularities of this wheel.

4 hours ago, Paleharmony said:

less than a month ago from Ewheels

Otherwise ewheels has build up a reputation for great aftersales service - so you should be in good hands with them whatever the cause is.

There is always some chance some not so perfect parts/units slipped through ...

Just don't worry if response time is not as used from ewheels right now - they have some unfortionate challenge to solve right now:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paleharmony said:

It usually happens between 18-20 mph. I logged it with EUC world app, just not sure how to read through all the data.

18-20 mph on a flat road without noteworthy accelerations in now cold indiana sounds strange...

1 hour ago, Paleharmony said:

just not sure how to read through all the data.

You know when the warning plus tiltback happened. In the log are timestamps...

Best to make a graph of the data at about this time - temp values, speed, voltage and motor current.

Could be that Euc World logs inmotion alarms?

Or you link your csv log here - with your private data (rightmost column about first 10-20 rows) and gps coordinates removed.

18-20mph is already pretty close to the maximum speed of the wheel, even with the battery brimful and warm. If you are on the heavier side that makes it even worse. I weigh 275lbs without gear and I can bring my V10F to its 2.000W power limit on perfectly flat ground by acceleratiing not hard at all, even from a standstill. You need a faster wheel.