How to remove the last 2 panels from the Gotway MCM5 v2?

EUCRookie

Hi I need to change the tire because I got a flat already and can't seem to separate the last 2 panels.

I have worked on it for hours and I took out every screw but still can't get it apart. All the tare down videos online either skip this step or something and the panels just pop right off.

I made a quick video for example:

https://youtu.be/PGeW2uajbCI

• Like 1

If you are ABSOLUTELY sure that there are no more screws (on either side), I would bet that it is being held together with clips or maybe even silicon or something like that. Again, if you are 100 percent sure there are no screws left, I would just pull harder (maybe just slip a flat head screwdriver between the two and work my way around instead of pulling really hard).

Edited by Menace

2 hours ago, Menace said:

If you are ABSOLUTELY sure that there are no more screws (on either side), I would bet that it is being held together with clips or maybe even silicon or something like that. Again, if you are 100 percent sure there are no screws left, I would just pull harder (maybe just slip a flat head screwdriver between the two and work my way around instead of pulling really hard).

That's a good idea I will give it a try thank you!

• Like 1

1.  There's about 8 screws on each side of the inner panel . There's ONE screw hidden under the trolley handle's telescoping rod that's closer to the front side. You only need to remove that rod.

2. You have to remove the top battery pack. No need to disconnect any wire. Gently wiggle the battery pack out - you can push from the opposite (control board) side. Once out, remove the surrounding foam tapes . With the cavity clear,  you should see a black tape that holds the panel together. 

3. These are what I used to take the tires out - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HHC4YTV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps.

Edited by Surfling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AeonDrone said:

How do you remove the tire? I just broke all my tools to remove the tire now... ugh this sucks why do they make them so hard to change a tire???

Bike tire levers always worked well for me. Just be careful not to pinch the tube. If that doesn't work Iv'e also used a flathead screwdriver, needle nose pliers, and a Philips head (this is highly un-advisable, you have to be VERY careful or you can damage your tube/tire/rim, but it will work in a pinch). If you're asking the specific process: deflate the tire, pop one side off, pull the inner tube out, pop the tire off the rest of the way. Then do the reverse to reinstall the new one (it helps to have a small amount of air in the tube when reassembling, but not to much). Also make sure that the tire (and valve stem) is the right way, it is usually directional and will feel different/weird if it is backwards.

Great to hear.

Might be advisable to not wait to give it a try next time.

Placing 'Slime' into the tube now helps to prevent the need for repairs.

It remains in liquid form in the tube.

If and when there is a puncture, it automatically seals it.