Purchasing advice for a newcomer?

Audunn Jonsson

I was wondering if i could get some help from the veterans here

I have been searching for a unicycle that would fit my needs and not brake my bank.

There are so many varieties that i have gotten a little bit lost.

-I am looking for a commuting device only

-my work and home are on different hills 10 km apart, not on a sharp incline but somewhat sustained.

-i dont mind the looks of the device

-i hope to use it during the winter (like the awesome Finnish person on this forum did)

-i would like the speed to be above 12 km/h

have been looking at the larger wheels like 16 or 18 like the Gotway or kingsong but its really hard to get a price just from browsing.

I have been entranced by unicycles since i was young and my grandfather said they were only for clowns (knew he was wrong but could not buy one)

Thanks so much for reading this and if you could help me it would be awesome

Aj from Iceland

You might be interested in a mid bracket EU like my IPS T260.

1000W rated engine up to 2000W when strained meaning going up hills etc. (746W = 1 horsepower)

16" Wheel

Speed quoted at 19kph.  Tested this on flat surface and found to be accurate.

Range 30km - I got to 26km before battery started to get to critical levels, with going up a few slopes.

Rated Climbing angle of 30 degrees

Best thing just now is that its priced at US$499.90 from where I ordered mine from:

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/ips-t260-electric-unicycle-motor-power-10000w-waterproof-ips-unicycle-wheel.html

Thanks Chuts, i have had my eye on that one.

good to hear that someone can recommend it

Sunny my budget is around 500$ the highest i could go would be 700$ but that is stretching it thin with import costs :)

OK.The price of my rockwheel maybe too high.Anywany there still many brands for you too choose.But quality is the first I think.Hope you can find a one you like.

1000W rated engine up to 2000W when strained meaning going up hills etc. (746W = 1 horsepower)

16" Wheel

wow, I didn't know the IPS has 16" wheel, it's awesome for the price.

Chuts, are you the IPS seller or just a user ?

How do you access to the controller and battery, from the outside, with openings under the red pads (like on Gotways or TG) or you must dismount alll the housing ?

If you want to put in the winter studded tires, please note that all may not fit.
For example, Rockwheel 16" and Gotway 14" of the ring, it is impossible to squeeze pins. Since the ring is really close to the covers. Firewheel is the only one I know with certainty suitable.

wow, I didn't know the IPS has 16" wheel, it's awesome for the price.

Chuts, are you the IPS seller or just a user ?

How do you access to the controller and battery, from the outside, with openings under the red pads (like on Gotways or TG) or you must dismount alll the housing ?

Just a user recommending this unit :)

Opps forgot to say... yes the red panels can be unscrewed to access the innards.

Archived