veteran abrams deposits (sight unseen) kinda....?

euctherapy

e-rides opened deposit for the va today. I'm newish to the euc community so im wondering if this is normal. I thought that a pre-production wheel is sent out to various youtubers first. All we have is a photoshop image...again this might be totally normal. 
"So be among the first to get this beast before it hits the streets. Mass production is projected to start early September. e-RIDES are offering you the chance to pre-order yours today with a deposit, be the first to get this amazing EUC! Visit the link now: https://e-rides.com/product/veteran-abrams-electric-unicycle-22-inch-2700w-pre-order"

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, euctherapy said:

I thought that a pre-production wheel is sent out to various youtubers first.

The Sherman development was financed in part by an ewheels investment (which is why it's exclusive to ewheels in North America). So apparently Veteran needed money back then.

This might be a similar attempt to get some money together. No big investment needed as they got all the hardware etc. done, but maybe they still finance production this way? The dealer would get the very first wheels in return.

Or maybe just to gauge real interest (people willing to put money in)?

As long as the seller is legit, I see nothing to worry about in such a scheme. Just something different, for whatever reason.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

2 hours ago, euctherapy said:

e-rides opened deposit for the va today. I'm newish to the euc community so im wondering if this is normal. I thought that a pre-production wheel is sent out to various youtubers first. All we have is a photoshop image...again this might be totally normal. 
"So be among the first to get this beast before it hits the streets. Mass production is projected to start early September. e-RIDES are offering you the chance to pre-order yours today with a deposit, be the first to get this amazing EUC! Visit the link now: https://e-rides.com/product/veteran-abrams-electric-unicycle-22-inch-2700w-pre-order"

Being new to euc I would recommend not buying first batch of any of them. as all brands have some issues with first batches. Unless you absolutely have to be first and you willing to understand you might have to work on it. As for the preordering of eucs it’s just a sign of the times everything is preordered now. For example cyber trucks to drones 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 8:12 PM, Resko727 said:

Being new to euc I would recommend not buying first batch of any of them. 

I agree with you, however I won't vocalize it. I consider myself a minimum 3rd-gen adopter. I want 1st-gen adopters to flood the market with sales. This gives the company great feedback and by the time 3rd-gen comes around, the wheel tends to be nicely tuned and kick-ass.