Monster Pro Speaker Module removal gives you significant more range.

nowjoel

GW-BT_MUS-CB-1-500x500.jpg

After removing the speaker module I get about 1.1X more battery range. When you unplug the board there’s no constant consumption of electricity from the battery due to the now lack of Real-time usage of the voltage step-down conversion process as the board is unplugged.The board constantly consumes electricity, creating heat and lowering your battery, regardless of whether you use the speakers or not.The most scary part is that gotway uses a flimsy wire to push 100V into that board on the other side of the EUC.The speakers are crap anyway.

The speaker board is getting 100 Volts or the currently distributed complete voltage of the battery directly to the speaker board, it consumes a lot of voltage to down convert that 100V into whatever low voltage the speaker needs 5V/12V

can someone try to remove the board to confirm my findings...

Edited by JD212
  • Like 3

Does this apply to all (Gotway) wheels?

I need to finish some Bodyguard testing on the V11, but after that I am going to try this on my Monster V3.1 (with and without the speaker connected) to see what the difference is over 100 km.

I wondered about this when I was researching which wheel to buy - I like the fact the V11 doesn't have any unnecessary lights or speakers and such forth - it's more stuff to stop working and drain current.  Wonder how much Blue tooth is drawing?  Eats battery on my phone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lex Smith said:

Eats battery on my phone.

Yes, but even if it "eats" the same amount of power from your V11, how much would that change things?

Remember that your V11 has enough power to charge your cellphone for about 18 months...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yes, but even if it "eats" the same amount of power from your V11, how much would that change things?

Remember that your V11 has enough power to charge your cellphone for about 18 months...

Valid point 😀  guess I can sacrifice the extra 10 meters range I would gain dropping BT

• Like 1

so far it's just Gotway wheels, I have a firm understanding that is happens on the 24' MonsterPro.

but that speaker daughterboard is on other wheels as well.

Edited by JD212