Gotway RS C30 - keeps beeping at 30km

KhooEd

Can any one explain, why does my RS starts to beep at 30km.? it rather slow given the potential of this wheel. I had set all speed setting to off, except safety margin at 20% and temperature setting at 70*C. 

It's rather disturbing each time it's reaches 30km the beeps keeps beeping as the wheel going to fail on me. I know for sure RS (1st generation) capable to hit max 70km but not my wheel.

Wonder , does the setting stays permanent with first owner phone and being the second owner, would the wheel yet recognize the setting set on 1st owner EUC World setting in his phone?    

What beeps? Can you desrcibe them?

If it's speed beeps, an app may be re-setting every time you connect.

Also you may not have switched the beeps off. You can neither set a safety margin or a temperature on Begode wheels. An app may just make it look like you changed settings.

The wheel beeps twice when it receives a command (e.g. to disable or enable some beep).

Which app did you use?

16 minutes ago, KhooEd said:

Wonder , does the setting stays permanent with first owner phone and being the second owner, would the wheel yet recognize the setting set on 1st owner EUC World setting in his phone?

No, the wheel has no memory, it doesn't even know which phone or app is connected.

• Like 1

Do the setting without moving the wheel and wait until the wheel reacts to your command (beeping).

You have to choose at least "turn first alarm off".

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:03 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Also you may not have switched the beeps off. You can neither set a safety margin or a temperature on Begode wheels. An app may just make it look like you changed settings.

The wheel beeps twice when it receives a command (e.g. to disable or enable some beep).

Which app did you use?

No, the wheel has no memory, it doesn't even know which phone or app is connected.

Ed : When the speed hits 30km, the wheel beeps non stop unless i go below the 30km speed. 

Ed: I had turn off all speed alarm except Temperature and Safety Margin Alarm. The app. i'm using EUC World only.  

Ed: if the app. isn't there for the purpose of personalize setting than what other choice i have to stop the wheel from beeping at 30km ?

Ed: After all setting perform, my wheel doesn't beeps twice . 

Which app did you use?

Ed : EUC World 

Ed : Noted . 

On 7/3/2021 at 3:30 AM, Boris Lämpel said:

Do the setting without moving the wheel and wait until the wheel reacts to your command (beeping).

Ed : Each time i perform the setting when the wheel is turn on and paired to my phone. Beeping from the wheel, that i don't notice. 

Ed : under alarm, i  had turn off all alarm setting under speed alarm - lowest to highest priority. Only remaining temperature alarm  at 70*C and safety margin alarm at 20%. 

• Like 1

There are 2 alarm settings. The ones of EUC World with different priorities. Itnly makes Your phone beeping.

Go to options->wheel settings->alarm. (First, second, all)

That is the alarm that makes the wheel beeping even without paired to a smartphone.

On 7/5/2021 at 12:29 PM, Boris Lämpel said:

There are 2 alarm settings. The ones of EUC World with different priorities. Itnly makes Your phone beeping.

Go to options->wheel settings->alarm. (First, second, all)

That is the alarm that makes the wheel beeping even without paired to a smartphone.

Under wheel - speed alerts & limit - set to "disable speed alerts" and yet at 30km the wheel beeps. Had tried turning all speed alarm under "wheel" and "alarms" and yet it's beeps at 30km .... dam frustrating.  

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't see that you had already replied earlier!

On 7/5/2021 at 5:03 AM, KhooEd said:

When the speed hits 30km, the wheel beeps non stop unless i go below the 30km speed.

That's strange. Nonstop beeps (= 5 beeps repeating) is the 80% alarm, which should definitely not be there at 30kph. Speed alarms are two and 3 beeps repeating, but with pause between.

There must be something wrong, I don't think you are making any mistake. Is there maybe a special firmware on your board that restricts to 30kph for legal reasons? Or something else must be wrong with the firmware on the board.

I would contact your seller to help you fix this. He should give you a new board. Where did you buy?

If the seller can't or won't help, you need a new board from some other place, like AliExpress.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:03 AM, KhooEd said:

Ed: After all setting perform, my wheel doesn't beeps twice . 

Every time you send a command to the wheel, like "disable X alarm" or "set tilback at X kph", it is supposed to beep twice to confirm.

So if it never beeps when you change some setting, that might be another sign that something is wrong with the board and its firmware.

Dear all,

Found the problem, was the user problem. I should had set the speed alert under wheel setting to "disable speed alerts" when the wheel is turn on.

My mistake i did all the setting when the wheel was turn off and expected the setting would be recognize when I turn on the wheel for following ride.

However after knowing, i chose to "enable 1st & 2nd  speed alert" for safety purpose. 

Thanks a million to all for the tips and advice - appreciate. 

• Like 1