RS19 HS Overheating

My first RS19 caught fire after 80 miles and my replacement RS19 overheats constantly.  

I own a V11 and have none of these type of problems. Am I unique or is there a design quality issue related to the Begode RS19 HS? I've been told by the re-seller to just remove the cover to the motherboard and that will make it run cooler but my concern is that the cover was probably there for a reason to prevent shorting. 

I just watched a Wrongway video on EUC's and fire and how the lack of good engineering on the Begode side lead to these type of issues.  

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommended video. I like the two fan idea. He did a nice job mounting them. I also like data driven tests that he performed to understand the impact of the new fans versus the old fans.  For those of you considering  making this modification, he removed the OEM fan and replaced it with two higher powered, more quiet fans. The part number for the new fan is NF-A4X20 FLX. I was curious that his RS did not have a cover over the motherboard.I wonder if he had already removed it or if his batch did not include one.  It was a good exercise  in practicing my French. Merci beaucoup!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orinda said:

I was curious that his RS did not have a cover over the motherboard.I wonder if he had already removed it or if his batch did not include one.

I would say his RS is from an earlier batch. Batch 4 comes with a cover.