With same battery - range electric scooter vs EUC?

sidderke

I haven't found an answer online nor in my search on this forum. So out of curiosity:

If you had an electric scooter and a EUC with the same battery size, same rider, same conditions, same speed, same weight. Would there be a big difference in range or not? Would the EUC get noticeably more range because there is less traction because it's only one wheel? 

Thanks,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidderke said:

Would there be a big difference in range or not? Would the EUC get noticeably more range because there is less traction because it's only one wheel? 

I'd say an euc needs more battery as it needs to balance. Imho. But hatd to say as euc's have more normaly capacity, so it's hard to really compare.

• Like 3

In my small collection, Euc wins. less rolling resistance and less weight. I have a scooter thats a bit larger in batt cap than my 18XL (2kw vs 1.5kw). The scooter is 2x1200w motors and the XL is 1x2000w motor. Itll outrun my XL in top speed for a moment, but no way in hell its coming close to the mileage per kw. It also loses a TON more speed on hills, tho rider input is easier on the scooter. The scooter is quite a bit heavier too. I could be wrong of course, as there are many variables I havent and can't isolate. I really dont think the gyro uses much and a rider that isnt on/off/on/off the power, does use battery in a fairly linear fashion. Again, just a petty guess, don't tear me apart if I'm wrong.  Fwiw, I just took a 4hr tour of around 30miles of playful riding. My 18XL lost 30% battery.... Range anxiety... the struggle is no longer real!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Sounds like someone needs to do a scientific experiment.

waiting on your 'history of euc' list, but we can give you a chance to experiment for a few moments during a break. :D

• Like 3