Talk to me about chest protection

Can anyone suggest some chest protection that fits well under their jacket? Not too bulky, but still good protection. Any female riders happen to have the same jacket? @litewave@KNZScreenshot_20210625-000716_Chrome-01.thumb.jpeg.3944c8b8b607b16acca8a384bb5ffb9d.jpeg

Edited by celi

11 hours ago, celi said:

Can anyone suggest some chest protection that fits well under their jacket? Not too bulky, but still good protection. Any female riders happen to have the same jacket? @litewave@KNZ

I have two motorcycle jackets for cooler weather but have never bothered with chest pads. The D3O pads whether level 1 or 2 are likely to add a few extra pounds and may not be all that necessary. Alpinestars sells regular, lightweight CE-level 1 foam pads for women's jackets so you may have already considered these.

I have face-planted on four occasions, twice with a jacket (one face-, one side-plant on my ribs), once in grass (no jacket), and once on asphalt (also no jacket) with arms outstretched. In the last accident I deflected much of the fall with my arm fracturing the humeral head in the process. I landed hard bruising my ribs as well, but the impact was not that severe. In the two crashes with the jacket, it seemed to absorb a fair amount of the impact force without chest pads. 

I'm still not planning to buy chest protection unless I start cruising at 25+mph on a regular basis or ride on the roads often (not likely).

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

I’m still on the journey for comfy chest protection that I’m able to wear under casual clothes. No speed demon here so it doesn’t need to be too highly rated…

• Like 1

Did you try searching on Revzilla? They list a few options: Women's chest protection, Women's Armored Shirts.

The Alpinestars Nucleon Flex Pro Ci is relatively light and flexible, especially considering that it's rated as CE level 2. Seems very likely that it would fit well into an Alpinestars jacket, as long as you follow the size guide. Oh, there's no chest protector pockets in your jacket. Nevermind.

I stumbled on Fempro Armour the other day, and they have some options. RS Taichi makes a women's version of its Teccell chest protector. The men's version is reasonably comfortable for me (despite being totally rigid), though it's not well ventilated.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/27/2021 at 6:06 PM, KNZ said:

FemPro chest armor

Googled it and it seems to only be available in Europe. Is that where you purchased it?

Wish they had other colors aside for pink for woman too.

I purchased https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-womens-stryker-vest?sku_id=1198139

It feels on the heavy side and I can barely close the sides bc of my chest. Wish it was more form fitted and that there were more options for woman.

On 6/25/2021 at 12:07 PM, litewave said:

I'm still not planning to buy chest protection unless I start cruising at 25+mph

After fracturing my rib on a road bike at about 20 mph with no gear at all, I now plan on wearing it if I'm going 20+mph.

After doing research for EUC safety I came to terms with how lucky I was that the road bike took a big part of my fall and that it wasn't a worse fall.

Thus now, I purchased a helmet...

I'm not to EUC, I can go max 3 kmh lol but have an idea since I use an e-scooter too.

Edited by East Coast
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, East Coast said:

Googled it and it seems to only be available in Europe. Is that where you purchased it?

Wasn’t aware of a European source but no, mine were sourced out of Australia at https://femproarmour.com

its been a few months since I’ve visited the site but now they’ve got Jerseys, Pants, and Under Jersey armored shirts. Pretty cool! Glad to see them growing.