Power/jump pads for KS 16x?

Steven Go

Hey all! Which pads will work with the KS 16x?  And which do you recommend?

This is my only wheel, I ride off and on-road. I would like to ride harder and jump with more confidence.

On that topic, would different pedals help?  
thx!

Be carefull KS16X is easy be 5beeps (overpower alarm) pads can make this alarm trigger more often this can be dangerous and oyu risk overlean!

Personaly not use powerpads on 16X only neoprene guard from roll.nz (im not jumper)

Ks16X is easy to acelerate machine no "need" powerpads like some gotway EUC or veteran.

Pedals are OK on kingsong no need change.

If you want it use powerpads but you are warned now 100 riders 100 tastes. Try make some DIY if you like it buy more profiesional/expensive one.

Pedal mode for offroad HARD ,other scenarios MEDIUM mode thisis my recomadation.

Enjoy you kingsong and gear yourselt always!

I use self made Kuji Pads for jumping and stability, you can check him on youtube he has dedicated video regarding creating jump/power pads.

You sort of "must" get spikes of some sort on your pedals, I have been very happy with the spiked grip tape from Koffler sales, I put it on in the winter for snow. As much as I like it I am (I hope) on the list for some hextechs, partly because they look so good and because of the self-clearing hex-holes. Spiked pedals make a world of difference, so much so I added Chaput baby-bump inserts to my MTen. The MTen doesn't spend much time off road, but its 10" wheel makes pavement very off-roady and it's super easy to get bumped around.

As to power pads, I too just use the Roll.nz but may try stuffing it with DIY acceleration 'bumpers' just because being on tip toes climbing a steep rocky trail is, well, less than optimal. I'd really like to be able to lever the wheel more, so I'm thinking fairly low profile mini-pads will help. I tend to bonk-jump up obstacles because there's no way I can lift the wheel with my feet, I lack the mass—consequently no jump pads. Braking hasn't been an issue for me partly because I have to adopt the s(h)itting position for quick stops else I get braking wobbles. So far it's been adequate, but I don't ride with cars so my grade of panic stopping is considerably lower than some require.

NOTE: if you haven't opened up your wheel yet, you might not know that the shell screws are hidden under the edges of the stock pad-substitutes. If you do put Clarks or something over the stock stuff, know that you may have to remove the overpad to get to the shell screws so velcro or carefully planned placement is necessary.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

I use Clark pads gen 2 small pad on the 16x. No issues with “over powering” the wheel.  I ride on/ off road and down stairs.

The pads provide better handling and stability over all. They also allow your feet to lift the euc for jumps/ going up curbs. 

I would also recommend spiked pedal inserts. With the spiked pedals you never have to worry about your feet shifting. No matter the terrain. They compliment the pads very well. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

NOTE: if you haven't opened up your wheel yet, you might not know that the shell screws are hidden under the edges of the stock pad-substitutes. If you do put Clarks or something over the stock stuff, know that you may have to remove the overpad to get to the shell screws so velcro or carefully planned placement is necessary.

Use Velcro or 3m dual lock to mount the pads. Allows you to adjust the pads. Also depending which pads you decide on using they may cover the screws. The Clark pad small pad do not cover the access panel screws in the configuration I have them in but I don’t expect your foot placement to be identical to mine. So mount them with the suggested method. 

another tip is to upgrade the panel machine screws with m3 x 10mm Allen screws. Much stronger and won’t strip as easy. 

• Like 1