How does the torque of the Tesla compare to other wheels?

The Tesla feels quite punchy compared with other wheels. I bought a Tesla, then I stumbled on a good deal for an 84v Nik. At first I really did not like how it turned; I blame that on the CST V-shape tire. But then I got used to it and now I can't even ride the Tesla - just feels squirly, not ergonomic. The fat tire makes a huge difference: it is more stable, seems to balance more on its own, and going over 1" cement driveway lips is effortless; overall comfort is better too. Also I never really understood why people always said the Tesla pedals are so low. Well after riding the Nik and going back it feels like your toes are dragging on the ground. I don't know how I did as much offroading as I did. So I LOVED my Tesla more than most things in life, and now that I have my Nik I feel like I could let it go (to buy something else, of course).

On 6/2/2021 at 10:36 PM, I_Must_Bust said:

Also how does a wider tire feel?

I haven’t ridden a tire narrower than 3”, but can assure you that the wider tire does tramline (follow cracks). It’ll give you religion until you get used to it, then It’s no big deal.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 11:36 PM, I_Must_Bust said:

Wanting to know what to expect if I upgrade to another wheel. Also how does a wider tire feel? I've gotten pretty used to the thin tire on the tesla.

Three things.

1. Comfort. Not so much on smooth asphalt but mostly over the rough stuff & grass

2. Stability. At high speeds, IMO the 2.125 tire is sketchy once it hits close to 45kph & >

3. Slow turns are more linear both in effort & tire. Higher speed carving will def require more effort.

Ofcos as normal, IMO & IME only. YMMV

Forgot bout the torque Q. IMO the Tesla's as torquey as the 100v Nik. At least in the get up & go

Edited by Scottie888