Lowest Voltage on the RS (HS)

I'm trying to answer two questions. First, what's the max range on the RS when riding an average of 25mph? Second, what's the lowest I can get my voltage before I start hearing constant beeps and absolutely need to charge?

During my most recent tour with my RS19, I managed to get the wheel down to 4% (according to ECUworld) and yet I was still going 27mph without hearing a beep once. Lowest voltage was 81.6v.
However, after letting the wheel sit for a hour after, the voltage went back up to 87.3 and EUC world showed 26%. I'll have to start a few tours like this why my MSP (HT) and see how it compares because I never remember it having this bad of a battery sag.

Searching the Fourms, it appears that as this is a 100v wheel, there are 24 cells. Each cell can be run down to 3.3v (79.2v total)
I also read that maybe the cells could be run down to 3.15 (75.6v total) but couldn't verify this. 

The cells in the RS are LG M50T 21700 and looking that up, I saw the discharge cut-off voltage listed at 2.5V but that probably has little to do with our cut-off voltage. 

The tour mentioned above: https://euc.world/tour/598285516182262

Yes, GW wheels go down to 3.3V per cell (= 0% battery). Other wheels go usually down to 3.15V, 18XL down to 3.0V. GWs tilt back whenever the voltage goes below 3.3V per cell, and if the voltage stays below, the tilt-back remains, forcing you to step off.

From 4% to 26% recovery in an hour is maybe a bit worrysome. Does the wheel charge to 100%? I would make sure to balance charge the wheel before every single time you ride. 

Edited by mrelwood

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

GWs tilt back whenever the voltage goes below 3.3V per cell, and if the voltage stays below, the tilt-back remains, forcing you to step off.

I've disabled the tilt-back on my wheel. Is there still a point at which it will tilt-back either way like the how you can't turn off the final beeps on a GW?

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

From 4% to 26% recovery in an hour is maybe a bit worrysome. Does the wheel charge to 100%? I would make sure to balance charge the wheel before every single time you ride. 

I balance charge every time I ride. In this case, It was fully charged when I set out, I charged to 97% at a park so it never got to the balance stage but I ALWAYS charge to 100% or 100.8v when I charge it at home. 

1 hour ago, Giffy said:

I've disabled the tilt-back on my wheel. Is there still a point at which it will tilt-back either way like the how you can't turn off the final beeps on a GW?

The low battery tilt-back is such, it can’t be turned off.

1 hour ago, Giffy said:

I ALWAYS charge to 100% or 100.8v when I charge it at home. 

I’d leave it for a few hours after the charger turns green, to make sure the balancing gets to do it’s thing.

• Like 1