Things I learned about my 16s.....

OldFartRides

after killing ( and resurrecting) it.  
 If your wheel has an annoying tendency to spin up when you lift it, the problem is probably due to two metal straps holding the telescoping tubes too tight to allow the tube to slide a 16th of an inch to activate the cut off switches.

If your wheel has this problem and you don’t want to tear it apart to fix it, always tilt the wheel until the wheel stops. Then quickly put the wheel on the ground before it can spin up again.

Never just set it down while spinning. That will fry one or more chips in the board. New board cost $200.00 us. 

If you have to tear into it, take simple notes on order of disassembly. Memory (mine) cannot be trusted. Pictures of wiring routes, sharpy notations on inner case are also helpful.

For instance, I put the LED lights back in before the outer shell pieces. That’s twelve screws worth of redux right there. I also failed to put the screws in the light trim pieces on one side.

Since the outer shell overlaps those pieces, they got screws on only one side. I wasn’t going to unsnap that piece again. It’s not really made to take apart easily. 

Certain sets of screws are different. Putting the smaller sets back into the holes they came out of will help get them back on assembly.

Anyhoo, the 16s, she is back in working order. Since I bought the s18, I decided against putting the knobby on the 16s. It’s a Cind (Qind ?) (64-305) or 16x2.4. PM me if interested. 

Tire is new, never mounted. Also have a tube for it.

Edited by OldFartRides
Duh. Me.
  • Like 3

Great  to hear that your 16s has returned to the living. :thumbup:

I always take lots of pictures. As much for the things that I did NOT touch as the things that I did.  Where did this wire come from? :blink1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldFartRides said:

the problem is probably due to two metal straps holding the telescoping tubes too tight to allow the tube to slide a 16th of an inch to activate the cut off switches

This also happens on the 16X... I borked mine by snugging the little straps too tightly—thought they were loose enough but evidently not! Oh, and the 16X is 'waterproofing' the microswitches (there's one on each side of the shell) with a literal actual rubber balloon, so don't cut that off or pop it. It's an unexpected but surprisingly effective solution.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1