Price increase to $3500

EUCMasterRace

I see the price for the Veteran Sherman increased to $3500 through ewheels. Is the price still worth it for you? I wanted a second Veteran Sherman but I’m having second thoughts now. I may wait for the V12 instead. 

Edited by EUCMasterRace
  • Like 1

When I was comparing prices in early March for my Sherman, I was told by some of the Chinese sellers that the price was about to increase due to higher costs of the wider rim as well as a big shortage of batteries. They told me, "Now battery prices are skyrocketing. China is all about battery panic. Therefore, the production speed of many manufacturers has been affected." The price for a Sherman (with wider rim and new pedal hangers, new LCD panel etc.) at that time was US$2800 on AliExpress and is now up to $3000. I managed to get mine for just over $2700 with a seat, power pads, and mudguard... but it's still floating around in the Pacific somewhere (I hope to have it in the 2nd half of May).

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 9:55 PM, EUCMasterRace said:

I see the price for the Veteran Sherman increased to $3500 through ewheels. Is the price still worth it for you? I wanted a second Veteran Sherman but I’m having second thoughts now. I may wait for the V12 instead. 

A SECOND sherman?  Its nice to know mine is getting more valuable, but having $6k+ in Veteran, seems a little much for my tastes. Competition is coming, I don't know if I'd knibble at that price point, or just wait to see who challenges Veteran next.  I'll have a shade over $3k in mine after rim/hanger swap. Thats more than either of my daily driver cars. MAYBE I'd still look into buying one at $3500, but thats getting to the price point that I expect quailty thru and thru. The sherman is pretty good in compare with the rest of the euc's available, but its definitely not quality thru and thru on a broader sense. If it is batteries, won't we see the price and availability of ALL wheels go up? You do realize the v12 isnt the same 'class' of wheel, surely?

Edited by ShanesPlanet

38 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

A SECOND sherman?  Its nice to know mine is getting more valuable, but having $6k+ in Veteran, seems a little much for my tastes. Competition is coming, I don't know if I'd knibble at that price point, or just wait to see who challenges Veteran next.  I'll have a shade over $3k in mine after rim/hanger swap. Thats more than either of my daily driver cars. MAYBE I'd still look into buying one at $3500, but thats getting to the price point that I expect quailty thru and thru. The sherman is pretty good in compare with the rest of the euc's available, but its definitely not quality thru and thru on a broader sense. If it is batteries, won't we see the price and availability of ALL wheels go up? You do realize the v12 isnt the same 'class' of wheel, surely?

The main purpose for the second Vet is because I need a backup wheel in case my main one needs to be serviced. I’m actually stuck without a wheel now because my Vet’s rim got dented and cracked. I was able to pre-order the second Vet for $3200 so I’ll just follow through and get it.

I just really like that my Vet was able to take a big impact at 45mph and still keep going (bent rim was from another incident). After that crash my confidence went up dramatically in the wheels durability. I can’t see any other wheel being able to take a hit like that and survive. 

I’m hoping KS comes out with a more powerful wheel and similar suspension to the S18. I need more power since I’m slightly on the heavy side (210 pounds). 

I’m ranting now but I really think Gotway/Begode needs to do better in terms of quality and safety because veteran came online as a new company and already beat them. I just want to vote with my wallet and hope that safety and quality improve across manufacturers in the future. 

4 minutes ago, EUCMasterRace said:

The main purpose for the second Vet is because I need a backup wheel in case my main one needs to be serviced. I’m actually stuck without a wheel now because my Vet’s rim got dented and cracked. I was able to pre-order the second Vet for $3200 so I’ll just follow through and get it.

I just really like that my Vet was able to take a big impact at 45mph and still keep going (bent rim was from another incident). After that crash my confidence went up dramatically in the wheels durability. I can’t see any other wheel being able to take a hit like that and survive. 

I’m hoping KS comes out with a more powerful wheel and similar suspension to the S18. I need more power since I’m slightly on the heavy side (210 pounds). 

I’m ranting now but I really think Gotway/Begode needs to do better in terms of quality and safety because veteran came online as a new company and already beat them. I just want to vote with my wallet and hope that safety and quality improve across manufacturers in the future. 

I get ya on having a spare. I went the other route and decided to keep spares in multi flavors. Lets just all hope that parts don't dry up! Good to hear the sherm can take a beating. It shouldnt be too much longer before I test mine in such fashion also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 6:43 AM, Mantraguy said:

When I was comparing prices in early March for my Sherman, I was told by some of the Chinese sellers that the price was about to increase due to higher costs of the wider rim as well as a big shortage of batteries. They told me, "Now battery prices are skyrocketing. China is all about battery panic. Therefore, the production speed of many manufacturers has been affected." The price for a Sherman (with wider rim and new pedal hangers, new LCD panel etc.) at that time was US$2800 on AliExpress and is now up to $3000. I managed to get mine for just over $2700 with a seat, power pads, and mudguard... but it's still floating around in the Pacific somewhere (I hope to have it in the 2nd half of May).

I was about to bite the bullet start of year but still waited for pedal hanger fix to be seen on Ali, by then I think it was 2200-2300€ 
Bought mine (new version) last week from myewheel around 2600€ (after 5% wrongway discount on 2700 with 1 year warranty) as Ali prices were basically the same (only 1 seller i never heard of were 150€ cheaper) and the seller at myewheel told me prices are about to increase soon also for them, and a batch was en route, so I snagged one to make sure i can ride something other than my Tesla this summer :) I also dont need to worry about the risk of getting taxed 25% and tolled 7% (would cost me 32% on top of ali price) as its sold from Bulgaria so it was an easy choice for me.
Anyway - they seem helpful but its my first buy from "non ali" seller so hope this pans out well.

One thing i noted was that on Ali You have 2 year warranty as standard (1 on batteries) but myewheel has 1 year (option to pay additional 200€ for 2 years) still 1 year on batteries. Seems strange that they can downgrade the warranty that i guess comes from Veteran to start with? (Ali just use drop shipping so cant see why they would pay MORE for 2y warranty as they just aim to sell as cheap as possible for more potential buyers that dont bother or even notice this).