V11 only charging to 80%

EUC Forest

Given you are having pack issues maybe be careful with where you charge and store this wheel! Take out the original packs - add only the new pack. CHarge the wheel. What happens? Go for a ride to deplete the new pack - charge again - what happens. If the new pack functions as normally then replace the new pack with the pack that only goes to 73V - same side/cables as where you had new pack. Check voltge with DMM, CHarge pack - does it charge. If not then you have proven the problem is with the original packs and not the (controller,charger,etc.). Those packs no good - dispose of them safely.  I had a badly corroded pack in a lobster pot buried in my back yard for a while (cuz it scared the crap outta me) and eventually driving it to the battery disposal center  was a white knuckler all the way! If I remember @RagingGrandpa suggests removing the shrink wrap on a bad pack (using plastic tools!) then place in a 5gal bucket of water so it will discharge slowly (with minimal heating) - then you can safely transport for disposal.

• Like 2

Finally the second pack (that was OK to begin with) got to balance to 84V as well, after several unpluggings, full reset, some charging etc,...

So as others have mentionned when you change a bad pack, the whole system needs to rebalance for it to work.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 2:04 AM, redsnapper said:

If I remember @RagingGrandpa suggests removing the shrink wrap on a bad pack (using plastic tools!) then place in a 5gal bucket of water so it will discharge slowly (with minimal heating) - then you can safely transport for disposal.

Got to dispose of the dead pack now (unless I find a local battery expert who might be able to get the still living cells), I wrapped it in a fiber glass sheet for the time being.