request: sherman offroad tire reseating fix video

WILSONEUC

Ive watched a couple videos on how to reseat sherman offroad tire, but they are edited or too short. im requesting an extensive video on this topic that works if possible.

I dont wobble while riding, but i can tell my tire has a little play (side to side movements). I tried reseating it myself lowering the psi to 5-10 and try to massage , pull , push but nothing is working. The riding it at low psi (3-10 psi)fix did not work and reluctant to do that again in fear i might screw up the entire reseating process.

Edited by WILSON-YT

If it doesnt wobble/vibrate at speed why do u want to upset it and try reseating it? People only reseat as some of these tyres are unridable at speed (usually between 25-40kmh).I follow the maxim of dont fix it if it aint broken!The massaging didnt work for me but deflating the tyre and ride at low speed and then reinflate worked a treat.Good luck and keep us appraised .U may have to have a couple of go,s at the deflate strategy!

• Like 1

HArd to make a LOONG video of something so simple. Typically, overly long explainations  seems a little like patronizing. If the tire is seating improperly, you just massage it into place. Air it up, deflate, rinse repeat. You aint gna get ANY euc tires to run perfectly true. If it isnt an issue in riding, dont mess with it. Its hard for a maintenance minded tech to even utter the words. but here they are.. again...  'if it aint broke, don't fix it'. I have a video of how I mitigated a little bit of offset tire seating on an 18L I had. Same basic premise, different euc. Fwiw, my sherman rides very smooth. It aint perfectly straight, but even if it rolls at all, its considered top quality for the euc game. Correct tire bead seating is something common to lawnmowers, bicycles, car tires, scooters... yup, nothing new to see here....

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

HArd to make a LOONG video of something so simple. Typically, overly long explainations  seems a little like patronizing. If the tire is seating improperly, you just massage it into place. Air it up, deflate, rinse repeat. You aint gna get ANY euc tires to run perfectly true. If it isnt an issue in riding, dont mess with it. Its hard for a maintenance minded tech to even utter the words. but here they are.. again...  'if it aint broke, don't fix it'. I have a video of how I mitigated a little bit of offset tire seating on an 18L I had. Same basic premise, different euc. Fwiw, my sherman rides very smooth. It aint perfectly straight, but even if it rolls at all, its considered top quality for the euc game. Correct tire bead seating is something common to lawnmowers, bicycles, car tires, scooters... yup, nothing new to see here....

If it aint broke dont fix it, i get it. I was the one requesting because i needed it lol But my tire was making my ride very uncomfortable after 20mph and visually i can see the tire swaying left and right, even my buddy behind me with his scooter said my tire was flopping over the place. Not safe imo. But i did get some kind of fix by deflating, using soap around the tire/rim and the tire , massaged it and lined it all up. i think i got her running good now after this lift test. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMvGnJ0jvCU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link  , rode around and it feels great now.

Edited by WILSON-YT
  • Like 3

On 3/22/2021 at 5:26 PM, WI_Hedgehog said:

Oh god, if you want looooong videos watch anything by @Marty Backe. He's sure to explain every detail a minimum of four times, starting with what he ate for breakfast and ending with how it worked out.  :lol:

MBacke.png

Marty is good, it is this old house of EUC's lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WILSON-YT said:

If it aint broke dont fix it, i get it. I was the one requesting because i needed it lol But my tire was making my ride very uncomfortable after 20mph and visually i can see the tire swaying left and right, even my buddy behind me with his scooter said my tire was flopping over the place. Not safe imo. But i did get some kind of fix by deflating, using soap around the tire/rim and the tire , massaged it and lined it all up. i think i got her running good now after this lift test. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMvGnJ0jvCU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link  , rode around and it feels great now.

GLad you got it sorted. Remember to mark the tire where it aligns with the valve. Just to easily keep an eye on if you get any slippage. Mine hasnt moved yet. Youve ridden enough to know how smooth an euc SHOULD be. The sherman rides as smoothly as the rest of mine, so I can assume everythnig is fine. I cant honestly say Ive done a 'lift test'. I much prefer the 'ride test'. If any wheels ever started hopping at above 20mph, its definitely a problem.  If it rides right, its right.:thumbup:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

11 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Remember to mark the valve where it aligns with the tire. Just to easily keep an eye on if you get any slippage. Mine hasnt moved yet.

Maybe mark the tire where it aligns to the valve...the valve stem going through that little hole should keep it in place, assuming that's where you stuck it (and didn't fold it over like a Thai lady-boy).

Now i see why you switched jobs to Used String-Trimmer Salesman and are no longer selling used tractors....though you were good at it. 

:P

41FC4VqCYwL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

7 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Maybe mark the tire where it aligns to the valve...the valve stem going through that little hole should keep it in place, assuming that's where you stuck it (and didn't fold it over like a Thai lady-boy).

Now i see why you switched jobs to Used String-Trimmer Salesman and are no longer selling used tractors....though you were good at it. 

:P

Ooops. yeah, mark the tire as obviously the hole cut into the rim wont be moving locations...