EUC World - Tour Settings UI hard to see

Change request for EUC World 2.4.3

I had paused my tour when I took a break and then when I was riding again I remembered I wanted to resume it.  Instead of long-pressing on the Pause button I did a single press on it.  This brought up the Tour settings dialog like in the image below.  

Here are my suggestions:

• Let the Android back-button activate the Cancel button on this dialog to close it (but not cancel the tour)
  • The green Cancel and OK buttons were not visible to me in the sunlight.  Wearing sunglasses and a full face helmet makes it even harder to see the screen.  I recommend changing the text color of the Cancel and OK buttons to white.  After writing this I see that green is the default on other dialogs.  If you let the back-button cancel this dialog then this change may not be necessary
  • On the Tour panel (aka screen), create a dedicated button for Pause and a dedicated button for Settings.  You can still make the Pause button require long press if you're afraid people will bump it.  It is awkward how this button currently serves two purposes but yet there is screen real estate available to fit more.  You could but a settings gear icon at the top right corner below the header.
  • If I create a Title for the tour, can you have it appear on the Tour panel?

2021-03-09-23-05-05-EUC-World-tour-setti

Does anyone else have thoughts on these requests?

Ben

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben S said:

Let the Android back-button activate the Cancel button on this dialog to close it (but not cancel the tour)

Will be included in next update.

8 hours ago, Ben S said:

The green Cancel and OK buttons were not visible to me in the sunlight.  Wearing sunglasses and a full face helmet makes it even harder to see the screen.  I recommend changing the text color of the Cancel and OK buttons to white.  After writing this I see that green is the default on other dialogs.  If you let the back-button cancel this dialog then this change may not be necessary

I plan to add black-on-white, "day" theme to EUC World and the current one will be a "night" theme. I'll also review color settings to ensure enough contrast for UI.

8 hours ago, Ben S said:

On the Tour panel (aka screen), create a dedicated button for Pause and a dedicated button for Settings.  You can still make the Pause button require long press if you're afraid people will bump it.  It is awkward how this button currently serves two purposes but yet there is screen real estate available to fit more.  You could but a settings gear icon at the top right corner below the header.

It has to be done that way. There are still older devices used for EUC World with much smaller screens. Separating tour options from pause button will create fourth button.

8 hours ago, Ben S said:

If I create a Title for the tour, can you have it appear on the Tour panel?

It may be a good idea. I'll try it and see how it looks.

• Like 2