EUC World - Ride recording pauses randomly [SOLVED!]

Solution at the end of this post

Hello,

I've sent this bug report in the app but I don't know how I could get feedback from it.

Since I've been using the EUC world app, I've never been able to succesfully record rides.
The app somehow pauses recording and when I open the app later on during the ride the path from the pause to current becomes a straight line and the ride recording is ruined.

Here are some examples:
https://euc.world/tour/595475880208130
https://euc.world/tour/592798841232003
https://euc.world/tour/591097297067124

I made sure the app is not being put to sleep (can't check if it really is ignored) by battery optimalisation.
I had the issue on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and now on my Poco X3 too.
Both run MIUI, which could be the issue (turned MIUI optimalisation on and off, same results)

The only thing I have not tried yet is keeping my phone screen on (and forcing the app to stay active this way) because that would drain battery.
I want to try with a different phone, but all phones new and old in my household run MIUI.

What confuses me is that the app does stay connected to my wheel because I have the connection loss vibrations turned on and I don't feel those and whenever I open the app the speed and battery info are always up to date.

It's also not an issue with GPS services being put to sleep, because I use Strava to record rides at this moment and that app always works well.

Have other people experienced this aswell? Can't find any when searching..

THE SOLUTION:

The solution (for phones with MIUI) is to disable MIUI optimalisation in developer settings and then reboot.
Apparently it takes a reboot for it to be dissabled, which is not mentioned anywhere.
Of course you need to have battery optimalisation for the app disabled too, but that alone won't be enough for MIUI phones.

Edited by ArieKanarie
Found the solution to my problem, editing to inform others if they are searching for it in the future
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 9:35 AM, ArieKanarie said:

The app somehow pauses recording and when I open the app later on during the ride the path from the pause to current becomes a straight line and the ride recording is ruined

Hi!

I have no idea of this "MUI" or these phones - on android one needs the battery optimization turned off for the app, which you did.

Second is to allow the app to use GPS always and not only when the app is active. This could be the missing point?

On 3/9/2021 at 9:35 AM, ArieKanarie said:

It's also not an issue with GPS services being put to sleep, because I use Strava to record rides at this moment and that app always works well.

You could try to examine the permissions given to strava and give the same to euc world?

14 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Second is to allow the app to use GPS always and not only when the app is active. This could be the missing point?

I can't set the GPS access to "always". The only apps that can are Chrome, Maps and Poco Launcher.
Strava is set to "allowed while in use" just like EUC World..

16 minutes ago, Chriull said:

You could try to examine the permissions given to strava and give the same to euc world?

All permissions are exactly the same.

Next ride I will try with an old samsung phone and with the screen permanently on on my current phone.

1 minute ago, ArieKanarie said:

I can't set the GPS access to "always". The only apps that can are Chrome, Maps and Poco Launcher.
Strava is set to "allowed while in use" just like EUC World..

That's bad... Maybe Strava is excluded from some optimization settings? Or Strava has some "internal fixes/special code" to work with this phones?

I don't know.

Maybe rooting the phone and putting clean Android One on it is the solution. MIUI isn't that great anyway.

28 minutes ago, ArieKanarie said:

I don't know.

Maybe rooting the phone and putting clean Android One on it is the solution. MIUI isn't that great anyway.

With the "special optimization settings" i meant something like on android 11 one can exclude apps from battery optimization. Like in setting at "?Apps and Notifications?"/"?Special app access?"/"?Battery Optimization?" (Menu Items are most likely not to be found exatly like written - they are translated from my phones none english language on the fly...)

• 1 month later...

I have solved this problem!!

The solution was something I had tried before except I didn't do a crucial step: Rebooting.

So the solution to EUC world stopping with tour tracking on phones with MIUI (Xiaomi, Poco, etc) is to disable MIUI optimalisation in developer settings and after that you need to reboot.

The phone's UI becomes uglier but tour recording works now (and I am able to install youtube vanced now).

The reason I didn't reboot before was that on a previous phone I did not have to reboot in order to disable MIUI optimalisation.

I will update the first post now.
Thanks for any input that has been given.

• Like 2

• ArieKanarie changed the title to EUC World - Ride recording pauses randomly [SOLVED!]