EVolution EV Intro

EVolution EV

I hope it works out, I'm still new to EUC's but welcome any new brands personally.  I'm into dive watches and over the last 15 yrs or so, I've seen an explosion of what we call "micro" brands that have blossomed and ultimately offered very nice/well built products with input from forum members.  I'll make my first bid, a seated platform like above but with a big fat offroad (possibly tubeless) tire.  Oh, I've spent some seat time on a late model Scout and really love the looks of it, I think you're onto something with the "vintage'ish" look, that will attract a wide variety of folks, neat stuff!

• Like 2

I'm not sure how practical nor viable a monowheel with a handle is as all of that genre (from China) failed but daaayam, if it ain't purrrrdy! Cowboy Jim & Hillbilly Bob would lovvv that look & that saddle do seem comfy. Regardless, for a prototype it sure looks like a slick finished product. Love it even if its not my cuppa

Since you have the basics all set, I hope you get some financing (perhaps Indiegogo?) to put a real MadeinUSA EUC on the market. Can't wait to see what you can come up with! Great job bud

• Like 3

@EVolution EV wichita kansas eh? My old stomping grounds. Luckily I got wise and gtfo of that sh**hole when I hit 21. I'm looking forward to a USA company getting into the forray. I'll believe it when I see it for sale. Kinda of scary to think how expensive itll have to be, or how many corners will need cut. Based on the depth of pockets the euc requires, I suspect that an euc aimed at the old geezer crowd, could do well. Hell, even the kids seem to like the old man look of the v11 too. Are ANY of the materials coming from somewhere other than China? Where are the boards being assembled? Im genuinely interested, as a quality usa built euc has been something I've wanted for a while now.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

Good centralized location as well. There shouldnt be much shortage of intellect available in the area, since the aircraft industry is a slight lull atm. Def much better than el dorado and still on the i-35 lanes. Im looking forward to seing what you come up with. Don't forget to 'future proof' it a little so IF battery tech moves anytime soon, you can incorporate the changes more affordably. Are you looking at matching some of the more common specs of the established motocycle industry? Im wondering if a good idea would be to find a more standardized outer rim size so you won't need invest heavily or search hard for decent tires and tubes? Forgive me, im sure you have already thought of everything I possibly could. Im just excited for you and for US! Quality fasteners, and flexible body panels.. oh how I dream of thee... Count me in for a few$$. The bar is already set pretty low altho expectations remain high! I wonder if theres a little surplus of aircraft aluminum and mill workers sitting idle atm, ready to be put to use at a good price? I have fam in wict area still. I could always come down and crash test something for you and then bitch about almost everything.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Good centralized location as well. There shouldnt be much shortage of intellect available in the area, since the aircraft industry is a slight lull atm. Def much better than el dorado and still on the i-35 lanes. Im looking forward to seing what you come up with. Don't forget to 'future proof' it a little so IF battery tech moves anytime soon, you can incorporate the changes more affordably. Are you looking at matching some of the more common specs of the established motocycle industry? Im wondering if a good idea would be to find a more standardized outer rim size so you won't need invest heavily or search hard for decent tires and tubes? Forgive me, im sure you have already thought of everything I possibly could. Im just excited for you and for US! Quality fasteners, and flexible body panels.. oh how I dream of thee... Count me in for a few$$. The bar is already set pretty low altho expectations remain high! I wonder if theres a little surplus of aircraft aluminum and mill workers sitting idle atm, ready to be put to use at a good price? I have fam in wict area still. I could always come down and crash test something for you and then bitch about almost everything.

I want to try and maintain shipping directly from me to the customer. So being here will help with everyone having roughly the same shipping time/cost besides international. Initially WSU brought it up to me as it could be a good company for the local economy and to give the talented work force from aircraft around here some more opportunity. That is initially why they wanted to help me progress. The entire system is a modular concept so battery/controller/bms/wheel are all hopefully going to maintain an upgradeable and easy replacement part resourcing concept for a long time. You could pull your dead battery and slide in a fully charged one if you wanted. The big goal is to get to highway speeds for sure and to "fill out" my vision completely for a "full sized one wheel motorcycle" concept. This will involve a hub powered motorcycle wheel and new levels of power. I will be using WSU's wind tunnel to design a few aero dynamic efficient bodies. I am wanting to be able to control side wind gusts better for a rider at these speeds. Another goal is non pneumatic tires, this has proven difficult at 4 inches of width so far but I use high quality VEE tires (US) made for ebike conversions that bare more weight and higher speeds. Fasteners will be a focus too as they need to be presentable and weather proof. I am also trying to limit the required tools for the entire build as well as maintain a 30 minute teardown. I am not focused on competing with established companies but focused on what the community has been demanding for years and trying to set a new standard of expectation. This is a passion to me and I love the stuff I build. It was like bringing a dream of mine to life. Hopefully it will all reflect in my work. If you ever plan on coming around then shoot me a message and we can ride.    

• Like 2

I wonder if 'Big Dogs' motocycle is still sitting smack in the middle of town? I keep recalling how my suzuki boulevard shaft drive rear wheel looked and it just begs the question... Is there something inherently wrong with motorcycle sized tires/rims? INteresting idea that you would want to use pnuematic tires. I havent found there to be any benefit to them at highway speeds. Dont forget to see if KU and KSU are willing to assist in any manner. KS has always been pretty good at trying to encourage technical development. I try to avoid visiting KS when possible. The 'ride' would be the reason. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

@EVolution EVSounds like you've got it all under control. What the community want is performance, quality build, fit & finish, modular if possible, good shell with good protection, easy dissemble/reassemble for quick & painless maintenance. All for a reasonable cost & you'll likely own the market. O & throw in suspension plus a pot of gold & you're my hero!!! 🥰 LOLs

Most of us are literally tired of dealing with Chinese mfgrs & would much rather do business with a North American / Western company that understands the need for the type of QA that does not require the customer to get their hands dirty on BNIB product.

Its about time someone on our side of the fence started making a good product. That said, I do not envy any company that's going to compete with China mfgr'ing power.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I wonder if 'Big Dogs' motocycle is still sitting smack in the middle of town? I keep recalling how my suzuki boulevard shaft drive rear wheel looked and it just begs the question... Is there something inherently wrong with motorcycle sized tires/rims? INteresting idea that you would want to use pnuematic tires. I havent found there to be any benefit to them at highway speeds. Dont forget to see if KU and KSU are willing to assist in any manner. KS has always been pretty good at trying to encourage technical development. I try to avoid visiting KS when possible. The 'ride' would be the reason. :)

No more Big Dogs. It is Tornado something or other now. Past 10 years the ICT has been losing too much big money companies. Plus side is I have gained QA experience through the aerospace and energy industry. As well as 6G certified for structural welding. Maybe we can ride this spring, I will have a few of my builds on hand at all times.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

@EVolution EVSounds like you've got it all under control. What the community want is performance, quality build, fit & finish, modular if possible, good shell with good protection, easy dissemble/reassemble for quick & painless maintenance. All for a reasonable cost & you'll likely own the market. O & throw in suspension plus a pot of gold & you're my hero!!! 🥰 LOLs

Most of us are literally tired of dealing with Chinese mfgrs & would much rather do business with a North American / Western company that understands the need for the type of QA that does not require the customer to get their hands dirty on BNIB product.

Its about time someone on our side of the fence started making a good product. That said, I do not envy any company that's going to compete with China mfgr'ing power.

What I have in store for the community should check most if not all boxes. I will wait to be established before I venture into my suspension wheels but they are on the list for sure. Keeping cost down is important to me while not giving up any performance or reliability. I will also maintain a connection to the community and a way for people to give their feedback and suggestions instead of shutting everyone out and leaving them to deal with the problems themselves. There needs to be change in the industry.

• Like 3