Who would come

Big Bad Ron

Who would come to Chilliwack for a ride in March if we had some nice weather..

I am trying to feel out how many if any would come out to Chilliwack 

We have the Rotary trail, it’s a full loop just over 20 kilometres than there are a few extra loops you can take in to make it a bit longer. 
We can stop at one end where there are food and coffee trucks.

cheers ride safe

Ron

• Like 1

I am in the lower mainland. If you got a good safe route, I would be interested. It would have to have good scenery or some epic riding. 

I am interested to explore the West Coast Express as well. Is there a path to the nearest station? 

Edited by Kekafuch

Sounds like fun! I'm over on the island so probably won't get over until COVID has settled down a bit but I'll be up for some 'overseas' trips eventually! I prefer longer rides, ~60km or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be into that as well, once we are allowed to do things like that again. I haven't actually rode with anyone else that has a wheel yet. I also have 40+kms of hiking/biking trails right behind my house if anyone is ever on Gabriola Island and wants to go for a rip.

1 hour ago, Boilerdog said:

I would be into that as well, once we are allowed to do things like that again. I haven't actually rode with anyone else that has a wheel yet. I also have 40+kms of hiking/biking trails right behind my house if anyone is ever on Gabriola Island and wants to go for a rip.

Yeah, neither have I! What are you riding, Boilerdog? We were thinking of doing a little trip over to Gabriola some time, as we've never actually been there (a little embarrassing to admit!). I'm not all that great on trails yet; hard-packed gravel is fine but anything rooty / steep / muddy etc. and I'm really slow and cautious. I have about 1400km under my belt so far.

If you find yourself wanting to do a ride around Nanaimo some time, let me know! I usually ride up and down the Parkway and E&N trails but have done a 100km trip down to Ladysmith and back as well. I'm usually good for around 65-85km between charges, depending on pace and conditions.

Hey Mantraguy I am currently riding a S18 but I also have a V8. I put just over 2K on the V8 in the last year or so, I only just got the S18 a few months ago and have only put about 100-150kms on it. Partly because of weather and partly because the stock tire is terrible, it does not handle slick or less than perfect conditions very well. But I have new rubber on order so when that comes in a couple weeks I will be back in action. Well as long as the weather cooperates... The trails behind my place have a little bit of everything from trails wide enough to drive a truck down to tight rootie single track. If you want to check it out its called the 707(because it's 707 acres i believe) It's the forest above the Coats Marsh Regional Park. How was the trip down to Ladysmith? That must have been an all day thing I take it? I haven't gone on any rides like that, neither of my wheels have really huge batteries.

Thanks for that. I imagine the tire on my Tesla is probably pretty similar to your KS18; it's primarily a road tire. The Tesla doesn't seem to have been designed for trails anyway; it's a skinny tire (16x2.125) and there's not much clearance between the tire and shell, so if you get some dirt in there you can hear it rubbing. Hence why I tend to stick to roads and paved trails.

Ladysmith was fun - I live in the north end of Nanaimo and was going to the very south end of Ladysmith, so it was a little over 50km each way. I wasn't excited about riding on the highway (I don't mind it much, it's just a bit noisy and boring) so I did the Parkway trail all the way to Cedar, then found a de-comissioned road and other side-routes through to the south end of Cedar. I had to do about 3km on the highway and then snake through Ladysmith, where I charged for about 90 minutes for the return trip. It was about 4 hours of riding time, but I found a good route that I'm sure I'll do again! Part of what I like about riding is just finding trails and smaller streets that I can enjoy more than busier roads. I've done an 85km ride on a single charge (I have the modded 1500Wh battery; it's an 84v wheel) and am hoping that might increase a bit in summer.