How to adjust tire pressure

Patrick Corbett

I think what caused my tubing to malfunction might have been me being new to this and not knowing how to put my tire at the right pressure, are there any tutorials on how to adjust that? There seems to be no videos on that topic anywhere that I can find, it might have caused my flat tire, thank you.

umm.... there's plenty of thread about tire pressures. I'm not sure theres any posts or videos about the simple act of merely putting air in a tube/tire. I apologize, but i simply cant bring myslef to explain how to put air in a standard valve. As for pressure, its rider weight and wheel dependant. Im a mere 130lbs and my mten is 15psi, 18L is 25psi and sheman is 20psi. Heavier guys tend to favor closer to 30-35psi on a lot of wheels. I like mine soft and am well versed at protecting a rim with the knees.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

An EUC tire's valve is a Schrader, so any bicycle pump will work. BUT. The valve is also bent because there's not enough room between the tire and the inner shell for a normal straight valve. This means you'll need an extension in order to get your bike pump connected, something like this https://www.amazon.com/Vehpro-Extension-Universal-Extenders-Motorcycle/dp/B07Z52KKY5/ref=sr_1_24?crid=2XVDV15LGCI2O&dchild=1&keywords=schrader+valve+extension+for+bike+tire&qid=1611802898&sprefix=schrader+valve+extension%2Caps%2C276&sr=8-24

Lastly you'll need a tire pressure gauge... you can spend $1 each or many dollars. It doesn't matter so much that they're "accurate" as much as consistent. So when you pump your tire to 25 psi one time, the next time your gauge reads 25 psi it's pretty close. The exact pressure you find best is the one that feels good for how you ride... more pressure if you're stair mobbing and jumping, less if you like cushy but you do risk rim damage if you hit something unyielding.

The pressure on the side of the tire is usually a max pressure before the tire might burst, it's rarely the one you want to ride with.

Edited by Tawpie
typo
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

It is easy to do with portable digital tire Inflator. Just set the pressure and in a few minutes, tire pressure is ok! 

The machine is also small and easy to store and carry around.

I use this one.

AIRXWILLS Portable Tire Inflator - 150Psi Bike Pump Air Compressor Inflater, Air Pump with Digital Pressure Gauge 2000mAh Battery LED Light, for Car Bicycle Tires and Other Inflatables by AIRXUS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXVBKTZ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_YZ0HKZ24M4TE9KGSET61?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1