hollow motor bearing scare on new V11

Rich Sam

Went for a midnight ride last night... snuck the wheel out the backyard so wife would not wake up from garage door..  upon riding started to hear a rotational grinding sound coming from the wheel.  I thought great!  My bearing are giving up the ghost already, sounded exactly like grinding bearings.  After my midnight ride I took the wheel to the garage and tried to find the source of the intermittent scratchy noise from the wheel.  I was so relieved to see a tiny branch deep in the wheel well that got hung up far in.  I had to grab some long forceps and stretch my fingers to reach it.  There are lots of edges in the wheel well for things to get stuck in there.

My slick ninja move to sneak the wheel out the back door picked up a hitchhiker from our pine trees.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

The one that gets me every time is rolling it with the kickstand down.  Everytime i think "welp there they go finally"... oh no i just am a little dumb and fall for the old kickstand scratchy noise every time

That one got me as well!  glad I'm not the only one!  Its when I realized it was not just the kickstand and still grinding that I started to worry.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, GoGeorgeGo said:

The one that gets me every time is rolling it with the kickstand down.  Everytime i think "welp there they go finally"... oh no i just am a little dumb and fall for the old kickstand scratchy noise every time

I HAVE DONE THIS A HUNDRED TIMES

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...