My first impressions of the EX, EX.N, and V11

Text for mobile users from Addict's offsite blog:

The first wheel I tried was the EX—my first time on a suspension wheel.

The wheel felt top heavy—not a deal breaker, but not a feeling of preference. The pedals were high off the ground, which was a different. The ride was smooth. Smoother than the MSX, but definitely not as smooth as the Monster Pro. I definitely had the sense I was drawing power from a big solid battery. I didn’t crank it hard on acceleration or braking. It’s quite a bit heavier than the MSX, so it didn’t feel as torquey, but I could feel the power was there—I just felt like I needed to work an extra 25 percent to tap into. The suspension was much like a sports car in that it was firm, but flexed when you needed it to. It definitely took the edge of the bumps—nice on the knees.

All I can say about the EX.N is that it felt exactly like the EX, but without the suspension and my stance was lower.

A wheel I wasn’t expecting to ride was Inmotion’s V11. Nick, who you can see riding behind me, making sure I didn’t scratch the wheel, offered to let me try it after I told him the EX was my first suspension wheel. The suspension felt very different than the EX. I could feel mechanical action through the pedals when the suspension was activated. The first thing that came to mind when trying to compare the sensation of the ride was my grandparents’ 1980 Lincoln Town Car. It felt like a boat on a wheel when hitting a bump. Between the V11 and the EX, I preferred the EX.