My Buddy had His Sherman Die in the Middle of the Woods during a ride

GoGeorgeGo

Looks like the Sherman is really more suited for road riding where the risks of impact drops are lower.  I think on concrete the roll bar does a great job protecting those batteries.  But in an offroad environment, rocks and other obstacles can impact that shell and cause potential issues.  

Hope to see maybe a cushion area between the shell and batteries like the v11 has that gives some shock absorption before contact is made with the battery pack.  Those batterys are soooo close to the shell on the Sherman.

What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I lost any respect I might have had when I saw him holding a selfie-stick and recording the video while driving (around 30:08). There are laws against this in all civilized countries for good reason!

Edited by Mantraguy

15 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

What the result?

What casue fail? 

How many part/s need be repaired/changed?

It was a battery issue apparently semi common among early batch Shermans. Not positive what caused the failure but almost certainly from an impact with a rock. He just needed to swap out one of the battery packs. 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

I lost any respect I might have had when I saw him holding a selfie-stick and recording the video while driving (around 30:08). There are laws against this in all civilized countries for good reason!

Understandable, thanks for watching anyways!!